First PADI Recreational Backmount Doubles Certification Issued

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nothing beats a set of doubles. Until the day comes when you can’t get them in over the side of the boat. I really envy people with good backs and I miss my doubles. Side mount is a very poor alternative.

What kind of BS is this? Somebody paid money to learn how to use doubles?! WOW! PT Barnum was right!
You can argue that sidemount, drysuit even deco can be self taught with no need of a course. The old boys taught themselves OW and cave too...

There's value to a course where you are shown via a properly constructed course plan how to set up an use the equipment, check for yoru knowledge and have instructor feedback of your skills. Rather than self learning YMMV

I don't know. When I started with Tec40, I wasn't taught how inflate my dry suit, lay face down in the water, and "throw" my arms over my head to move my undergarment around so that I've have more shoulder mobility. I simply wasn't able to reach my valves (fundies did fix that).
Could you elaborate a little on this technique? It sounds like it could be very helpful.

and I bet they were the type that just had the cross bar between the two tanks with a reg post in the middle.
Sure!
And the reserve valve on the right tank...

Isn't that Fun-dies?
I think it depends on the person. If you embrace mediocrity and have no interest in actually improving but are expecting to buy a c card, fundies is where fun dies for you.

It added a lot to my enjoyment of diving

I think it depends on the person. If you embrace mediocrity and have no interest in actually improving but are expecting to buy a c card, fundies is where fun dies for you.

It added a lot to my enjoyment of diving
It's very hard work especially if your skills aren't up to it in the early days of diving. Once you put the effort in, diving is so much easier.

Could you elaborate a little on this technique? It sounds like it could be very helpful.
At the start of your dive, you simply stretch out your arms and legs in different directions. The first time you do it, you will see how it changes the way your drysuit undergarments are fitting you. Most people who dive drysuits know this, and I know I teach it to my students. You don't have to teach a certain course for a certain agency to do it. There are no such restrictions in any other agency preventing an instructor from teaching it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom