First meeting: thoughts and comments?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DaveO

Contributor
Reaction score
I had a great time last night- I'm glad everybody could make it. And public thanks are due to O-Ring and Divernva (Eric and Ken) for bringing their gear and doing the actual presentation. Next beer's on me!

O-Ring added a description of the meeting to another thread (http://www.scubaboard.com/t17360/s.html) but to make the next meeting flow smoother, how about a "what went wrong / what went right" analysis? What were your thoughts on the venue, etc?

For instance, plans for the next meeting are shaping up to include a dive trip out Mt. Storm. I was thinking an email reminder to people a few days in advance would be appropriate, something along the lines of "Remember you planned to dive this weekend... pack a lunch... rent tanks... etc". Would you have a problem sharing your email address for reminder purposes? (BTW, we missed you last night, Kevin!) We wouldn't share the addresses, of course.

What are your thoughts?

This interview for a consulting job turned into an interview for a full time position. Which is really unfortunate 'cause it sounds like _exactly_ the kind job I would love to have. I think they will probably make me a job offer. I will probably have to turn it down. (not 100% sure though)

I'm convinced there is a portal to hell on the PA turnpike between here and Pittsburgh!

I'd love to get out to Mt Storm!

Let me know when you are planning to go to Mt Storm, my favorite local (more or less) dive site. Where else can you dive with snow on the ground and a water temp of 65!

You may wish to create a mailing list off of the board. Some might not want their e-mail listed here. When we started Nova Tech we were asked that in sending out the e-mails we "blind copy" everyone so that folks e-mails did not become common knowledge. I post enough to a number of lists that I could care less but some are sensitive to this. Just something to think about.

Dave D

My thinking was to automate the process: I haven't checked into the details, but I'm pretty sure I could write a program to send a separate email to each individual on the list, thereby preventing the unwanted address dissemination. Whatever method, the objective is to keep the address private.

What's the plan: when do we go to Mt Storm?

We could setup a Yahoo group that would automatically email everyone..

What a concept... you mean *don't* recreate the wheel? Don't spend a lot of time coding something that's already been done, is free, and works better?!?!?

Wish I'd thought of that !

Back
Top Bottom