First Generation MK15?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lowviz

Solo Diver
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I really wanted the two G250's in the "tech deal of the century": http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/cl...ech-deal-century-post7560020.html#post7560020

Got 'em. (Can't figure why so many views and no offers. Every once in a while, when a deal seems too good to be true, it actually is true.)

Drove down yesterday and had the pleasure of meeting Eric (Waterpirate). Ended up buying both posts. Not like I need any more primary regs, but these were interesting.

OK, experts. Can you confirm that these are MK15's? Two HP ports, five LP's on a rotating turret. "SCUBAPRO" in raised letters on the black ring.

Bottom Line: ----> Exactly what ScubaPro rebuild kits should I order, and recommended tools please.

SP Reg.jpg

Frogkick has the schematic you need. You will need a pair of internal snap ring pliers to remove the HP seat. There is also an MK 15 alignment tool that makes it easier to align the small internal pieces.

20-145-200.jpg

It looks like the one I have. There was an upgrade for HP tank use that replaced the spring & seat. IIRC, the way to determine it had been done was the seat retainer would have the two pin cap (like your has - google will give you the correct answer). I have mine mated to a a D350 with a HOG Zenith on a bungie. Nice reg. If I hadn't had so many sets right now (I scored 2 MK-20's, 2 G250's and 2 G250 Graphites for warm water use), I might have gotten them too..... enjoy them!

some good info here on SB from DA: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-293.html

Frogkick has the schematic you need.
Indeed they do, now I have one too. Thanks.

You will need a pair of internal snap ring pliers to remove the HP seat. There is also an MK 15 alignment tool that makes it easier to align the small internal pieces.

View attachment 220695
I have a small IR pliers set with a whole range of replaceable bits.

The alignment tool reminds me of trying to change a clutch years ago. Spent half a day wrestling with it and the 5 speed I'm stupid. Finally called the store where I got the clutch and asked for advice. Get the alignment tool. *sigh* Headed out wondering just how much this will cost. Was handed a piece of wood very similar to above. -about $5. Ten seconds later I'm putting the bolts back in...

If I hadn't had so many sets right now (I scored 2 MK-20's, 2 G250's and 2 G250 Graphites for warm water use), I might have gotten them too..... enjoy them!
Sweet!!! And thanks, I will enjoy them.

Thanks again, Bob! Yep, DA is amazing.

MK15 Service Kit order number is 10.600.041.......
Thank you!

So if I have this right, I now own a pair of the great granddaddies of the famed MK25's?

I guess here around nobody really needs a copy of Wolfingers MK15 Repair Manual from the nineties, if so, send a PM.

Back
Top Bottom