First Expandable Gopro Camera Dock On Kickstarter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SCDiving

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello Divers,

As a fellow scuba diver and instructor, I have enjoyed the benefits of diving with GoPro cameras. The video is an excellent supplemental to my canon setup. However, on trips I have been frustrated with trying to find enough plugs to keep the cameras charged or untangling the wires to connect them to the computer.

So, I created a solution. A way two charge to GoPro camears with one power cord and then I can expand up to 5 chargers to charge 10 GoPros. Connect 1 USB cord and now I can download from all 10 cameras at once.

I just launched a kickstarter campaign today.

Let me know what you think?
Robert

G2Live3.jpg

I like the idea and it seems like it would be nice but IMO MSRP of $125 seems very steep for what you get.

Just one of these, for charging 2 GoPro's is $125? That's just too high to be viable. I understand the initial startup cost, as I was involved with USB when I worked for Intel in the mid 90's. I saw a number of companies succeed and others fail (like Peracom). But I don't see a viable product here. What you selling is a 2-port USB hub (assuming high-speed, not SuperSpeed). While you talk about connecting multiple GoPro's is a hassle, I am not sure how many people have this problem. I question the size of your target market who would need to have a portable means of charging a whole bunch of GoPros. To me, this is just a non-starter. Sorry. Don't get me wrong, I like the design and engineering behind it. From a hobbyists point of view, I say well done. But from my professional background, I just don't see it being a successful product, as the market is too small and the cost is too high. Just being honest. But I hope you prove me wrong.

Thank you for the input, it is very appreciative. Retail pricing is approximate and will be based on final costs. The first unit would be higher than additional units.

I have 4 GoPro Cameras and every dive trip I am tired to trying to get them all charged them for the next day of diving, as well as using my laptop, cellphone, etc,. The ChargerPro allows me to charger them and a few friends GoPros as well. I can download files from them while they are charging and start editing the footage right away.

Our product is for those that have several GoPro cameras. If you have one or two, its manageable without the need for the ChargerPro. I can also see this being used by production crews (Bering Sea Gold, etc)

I don't know about your pricing model, but I do know I purchased a charger that will charge three GoPro Hero 4 batteries at a time with one usb/wall outlet for under $25.00.

Good luck with your KS.

Flyboy08 thank you for input and the additional information.

There are some really good aftermarket products for GoPros. I am not a big fan of taking the battery out to charge....every once in a while, they forget to jump back in before the dive :)

Think about if you had simple standard A plug to micro c plugs. I.e., a cable with only connectors, but no cable. I'm guessing it exists and make it easier to connect Gopros to hubs.

Back
Top Bottom