First Diving Experience in Maui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ve6raj

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
This is both a a first diving experience and first time to Maui. As a recently certified diver I decided immediately after my open water certification dies in 52 deg water that I was going to be a warm water or travel diver.

I just got back from 2 weeks in Kihei and I dove with Shaka Doug, Dive & Sea and B&B Scuba. As a new diver I had buoyancy issues and these guys helped me to figure out stuff and make my dives as enjoyable as possible.

Doug just does shore dives, but he knows the area like the back of his hand. We dove Five Caves, Makena Landing, Palauea Beach and Ulua. I don't know if he has pet names for all the sea critters we saw, but I am sure they know him very well. What I really liked about Doug was that he really cleans up the ocean bed in his path. He picks up lead weights and hooks and we even had to untangle a turtle that was all caught up in fishing line.

Both Dive and Sea and B&B have new, modern, well equipped boats. They also looked after me very well and made the dives a lot of fun. They are very knowledgeable, professional and very good at what they do.

I am planning another trip back to Maui in early May and will be diving with these guys again. As a new diver I would recommend these guys without hesitation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom