First Dives @ White Star--mini report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

k4man

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Well, they were dives #96, 97, 98, and 99 for me today--but my first ever at White Star. Thanks to pvtstash on ScubaBoard for meeting me this morning and afternoon.

Rich S. and his organization are doing a GREAT job :wink: of organizing the quarry and fill station and making White Star one of the top quarry dive sites in the state...and beyond.

While today was not a busy day, I was still amazed with the crystal clear water and at least 30-40 ft. viz. :11: My dive buddy, while a new diver, was in charge of showing me around the quarry and we hit all the major sites, including the cement block house, the crusher and crusher holes (58 degrees at 75' depth), a few boats, pvc memorial dive site, and the awesome platforms which are certain to be a big hit with instructors and their students.

I finished the late afternoon and evening dives with Dale M. and his crew from the Toledo area and Sea Level Scuba dive shop. Great quarry + great food + great people = GREAT DIVES.

I will be sure to revisit White Star again this summer. For $10/diver, free parking, and walk in entry/exit points, it's a great place that I'm glad to have finally visited.

Thanks for the trip report. Sounds like a good time. Making me look forward to checking out Whitestar in the next few weeks.

So, tell us.....where is dive #100 going to take place?????

More than likely, #100 will be this Sunday, although I haven't finalized the plans yet. It will be either a friendly dive @ Lake View in Lancaster or at Gilboa with my DM Instructor and his AOW students.

Nevertheless, the traditional "birthday-suit" dive will probably NOT be taking place, regardless of the site. :mooner:

With the cold water and 'shrinkage':11: along with 44 year old white skin, that may be more than even the aggressive trout at Gilboa can handle! Believe me, nothing to miss at all!!!!!!!
:rofl3:

an nice dives... bah! pesky Tables! ... those NDL #'s are jus' Guidelines right ? :)

(too cheap for a computer)

thanks for the dives!

:)

More than likely, #100 will be this Sunday, although I haven't finalized the plans yet. It will be either a friendly dive @ Lake View in Lancaster or at Gilboa with my DM Instructor and his AOW students.

Nevertheless, the traditional "birthday-suit" dive will probably NOT be taking place, regardless of the site. :mooner:

With the cold water and 'shrinkage':11: along with 44 year old white skin, that may be more than even the aggressive trout at Gilboa can handle! Believe me, nothing to miss at all!!!!!!!
:rofl3:

No sense in adding a 'turtle' into the mix.

:D

(sorry, I had to...)

an nice dives... bah! pesky Tables! ... those NDL #'s are jus' Guidelines right ? :)

(too cheap for a computer)

I remember the old D.T.I.T. Dive Calendar... those were awesome... you never ran out of time.. the Ford Seahorses had a presentation on them at one of their festivals.

(D.T.I.T. = Dive 'Til It Tingles)

I will be at White Star on Sunday... diving this time.. not working.

Rich

how'd it go yesterday?? sorry to miss you

how'd it go yesterday?? sorry to miss you

I had a blast... it was busy but the vis stayed good in every place but the the tunnel... we gave out over 20 tunnel passes that day.

See you next time

Rich

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom