first dive with BPW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, it seems the next time one of those BP/W versus traditional BC debate threads comes up, it would be better not mention lower cost as a benefit to avoid opening a can of worms. More generally, just start from a presumption that cost is irrelevant in comparing gear.

start from a presumption that cost is irrelevant in comparing gear.
And " If you have to ask the price, you can't afford to risk your life diving, not to mention the cost to your family and friends after you cheaped out and didn't sell your wedding gifts for a better back plate" I am starting to think that the safest divers are the ones that think they can't solve their lack of diving knowledge with money. For me, I am solving MY lack of diving knowledge with money spent on training. I paid less for my BP/W, but I am willing to pay more to get the training with GUE to get the best use out of it. Money, money money, if it is not leaking out of one pocket, it is jumping out of the other pocket.

Last edited:
IF there is something unique, special or a functional improvement I am willing to pay extra. Two prime examples? My Freedom Plate Contour and my Shearwater. Because I am worth it. :wink:

Just one of the reason I will never get to retire. :(

IF there is something unique, special or a functional improvement I am willing to pay extra. Two prime examples? My Freedom Plate Contour and my Shearwater.

They are life support equipment. Can't put a price tag on life support.

Can someone link the BEST online step by step instructions for correctly adjusting BP and harness?

Well, it seems the next time one of those BP/W versus traditional BC debate threads comes up, it would be better not mention lower cost as a benefit to avoid opening a can of worms. More generally, just start from a presumption that cost is irrelevant in comparing gear.

I looked up the OP's BC on line and it is $589 U.S. at Leisure Pro which is only $10 cheaper than Halcyon's Traveler BC.

Halcyon gear is of excellent quality but it is also among the most expensive on the market. I don't think it offers any more utility than a lower price product such as Dive Rite, Hog, Golem, DSS, etc. All of which are less expensive than the OP's TUSA BC.

Atomic has a BC that is over $1,500 at Leisure Pro at that price an Infinity for $900 is cheap.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

A number of off topic posts have been removed. The core thread about the BP/W and the related costs has been left intact.

Please remember that you are posting in a green zone. At the top of the Basic forum you can find the following bit of text

This forum has special rules. This forum is intended to be a very friendly, "flame free zone" where divers of any skill level may ask questions about basic scuba topics without fear of being accosted. Please show respect and courtesy at all times. Remember that the inquirer is looking for answers that they can understand. This is a learning zone and consequently, any off-topic or overly harsh responses will be removed. This forum is not open for threads offering goods or services.

Please familiarize yourself with the special rules for green zones if you intend to post in one.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom