First dive with BP/W and double

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Xaryo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
This week-end, I did my first dive with double tanks (Al80). Longest dive ever, 2:30, max depth 30ft.

It was very nice. We did a few valves drill just to see if I was capable and I was. I'm very happy for that because it means I can go further on that path.

One couldn't really tell it was my first dive with that configuration.

So far, I have been diving with a back inflated vest, but in a very near futur, it will be with a bp/w.

Can't wait for that.

Well done. I've seen a lot of AL 80s for sale and have considered it but I don't do enough shore diving to make it worthwhile. Boats aren't too happy if you are down for 90 minutes when everyone else is back in 50. :D As it is, they have to wait when I dive my HP 120!

Boats aren't too happy if you are down for 90 minutes when everyone else is back in 50.

You're on the wrong boats :wink:

Félicitations...my first time with doubles was with a brand new set of Faber Steel HP 117 mounted on a SS BP/W earlier on this spring. Initially, the rig was not trimmed and head heavy which resulted in me almost leaving an imprint of my mask at the bottom of the shallow end of Morrison quarry when I first emptied my wing. My lapbelt was also not tight enough so everytime the tanks shifted on either side, I was going turtle and had to use my hands to either maintain balance or to hold on to something. I felt and looked like a real peewee. I tend to think that I have improved tremendously since then..lol

I'm sorry, not pictures.

It was a ss backplate, halcyon webbing and stuff and Apeks wing. double al80, 14lb v-weight. I was in a 5mm wetsuit.

I dive doubles (12L Faber "dumpy") with a Zeagle Ranger...... I've used backplates, but prefer the Ranger..... Even on boats that don't like long dives, I take them for the redundancy and the fact that I can do a 2-tank dive without bothering with a tank switch.

Back
Top Bottom