First Dive Disaster!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi devjr. I would say tht one does not get a couple of ounces of blood in the mask from a bruised eardrum alone.

Well, I don't know much about Sudafed, though I have taken it before dives and it has helped. I always take it half an hour or so before I go in the water. However, I once went to see a doctor in Tarrytown, NY who was recommended by Dan and he prescribed Allegra for me. Now I use that and it is very effective.

Judging by what it says here - http://www.diversalertnetwork.org/medical/faq/faq.asp?faqid=113
on the DAN website I guess he did the right thing.

Piscean

Wow!!

thanks for all the responses from you guys.....to give you an updated on my buddy is that he is doing alot better....his right ear still has some pain going on but the left seems to have shown alot of improvement in the past few days....I told him that ive told you guys about his ordeal and that you've given alot of expierences for us to ponder.....im forwarding this site to him so he can check it out for himself.......Im hopeful he can recover from this as fast as possible because we are an adventerous bunch whom have alot invested in this new hobby of ours...and alot of plans in the future to dive all over the world......

I really do appreciate the comments from you guys.....anything else that we should know please keep the comments coming........We just dont want to get caught off guard like this ever again......this really gave us an eye opener of how important it is to always play the safe card while diving ...no matter if it is in the pool or not.....this is a very serious sport to undertake.....and a fun one at that......

thanks again guys....and gals....!!!

:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom