First Dive Computer suggestion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you considered the Oceanic Pro Plus 3? It is not a wrist mount, but it certainly offers virtually everything you would need for significantly less money than the Perdix AI.

Have you considered the Oceanic Pro Plus 3? It is not a wrist mount, but it certainly offers virtually everything you would need for significantly less money than the Perdix AI.
Thank you, I just invested in the Perdix Ai, and it was a great investment, but thank you for your suggestion, I am thinking in buying the BUD as a backup though

Thank you, I just invested in the Perdix Ai, and it was a great investment, but thank you for your suggestion, I am thinking in buying the BUD as a backup though

If you go on vacation somewhere that will include diving, and your Perdix dies, will you be comfortable using the BUD as your main computer for the rest of the time? What will you do for an SPG?

Thoughts like that are why I would either use another computer that will read the AI transmitter (like an Oceanic Atom) as a backup, or I would use something like a Geo 2.0 as a backup (because it would work fine as your only computer, if the Perdix died) and take a physical SPG with me, to replace the AI transmitter with, if necessary. I don't think I would like it too much if I were trying to dive with a BUD as my only computer (in the event my Perdix died).

If you go on vacation somewhere that will include diving, and your Perdix dies, will you be comfortable using the BUD as your main computer for the rest of the time? What will you do for an SPG?

Thoughts like that are why I would either use another computer that will read the AI transmitter (like an Oceanic Atom) as a backup, or I would use something like a Geo 2.0 as a backup (because it would work fine as your only computer, if the Perdix died) and take a physical SPG with me, to replace the AI transmitter with, if necessary. I don't think I would like it too much if I were trying to dive with a BUD as my only computer (in the event my Perdix died).

I still have an SPG, could it be a good idea to only have one transmitter as an SPG regardless of how the receivers?

With only one transmitter, it's definitely a good idea to carry an SPG with you. But then, I would say it's a good idea to carry an extra SPG even if your main SPG is also a physical SPG....

The Perdix AI seems to be the "go to" dive computer these days. Congrats.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom