First confined water dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We are doing the OW dives at a local lake about an hour from here. I haven't asked about getting back in the pool but that is a great idea. Would be good to refresh my memory and have a little more practice before going to the lake.

We had about 4 months between our pool dives and our open water dives. We waited until about 2 weeks before we were to go to the ocean and scheduled a couple of hours with our instructor in the pool. Just two of us and an instructor. It was the best decision I have ever made. We refreshed our knowledge and just practiced our skills for a couple of hours. It made us both much more comfortable when it came to facing our ocean dive.

I also recommend a careful review of your book learning. Remember that it takes multiple times working with material before it becomes 2nd nature.

I love to dive. I didn't take my first dive until my 70th birthday but I am hooked for life. When my wife saw the cost of the gear I want to buy she suggested I take up knitting but I told her the yarn clippings might pollute the reef :). She smiles though, my dive buddy is her sister. Just booked a week in Isla Mujeres (off the coast of Cancun, Mexico) for October and hope to go back to Bonaire in March. I love that warm water.

I also recommend a careful review of your book learning. Remember that it takes multiple times working with material before it becomes 2nd nature.

I love to dive. I didn't take my first dive until my 70th birthday but I am hooked for life.

OP - very good idea to both review written material and do some additional pool work. To htatton - love to hear things like this! I thought I was off to a late start certifying at 38.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom