First Computer help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My budget is in the $3-500 range. So far, the ones I'm looking at are the Suunta Cobra, mares puck air, the aries XR-2 or the Subgear XP-H. Any thoughts?
The XP-H is an excellent value!

.....I've decided that my first major purchase is going to be a dive computer. I've started a little bit of research but still a little confused:confused:. ..... I don't really know much about the different brands such as their different features and qualities. ....
Yup, it is a jungle out there. .... we have more than 110 different models in our database.
To help new divers like you, we have created the Dive Computers Research Tool and the tutorial How to Choose a Dive Computer

Once you have identified few models that could suit your needs, then you can take them for a spin in our simulators.

Whatever model you end up getting, make sure you learn how to properly use it.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

I got my XP-10 from Casey, who chimed in above. Its a solid computer at a great price, I've been happy thus far, we just bought an XP-H from him, and we should get it in a few days for our next trip, I will know more about it after that, but it seems to just be the XP-H with air integration.

I originally was given a hoseless Oceanic as a gift, and I felt it was way too complicated (at least for me).
When Im underwater I like everything simple. I also like the fact it has the time and I wear it when snorkeling, and when doing some occasional free diving to check my depth.

Do your research and buy what you like best. ( look for little features that might annoy you down the road if you dont have them, time, backlighting, computer syncing, # dives stored, etc. Those are some of the main things I found that varied often. I also liked the XP-10 because the battery compartment is user changable, and I believe its enclosed so that if it floods, the components of the computer will not be harmed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom