first canister dive light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HHHMMM... I can't imagine my hands are much larger than yours Lynne but that's never come up with me. Interesting! (I'm glad I didn't know it was supposed to be "too big" for us :D)

I was diving with my LED recently - don't remember why - and it felt so awkward... for whatever reason, I guess I've just gotten used to the big light head and ballast of the HID. Not to mention the punch.

Still, as others have mentioned - I like the LED for travel - it's less fragile and I can bring the smaller canister and not worry about burn time.

I was going to sell my LED once the HID turned up.. I think i'll now keep it for travel..

I'd rip out leds from your DR and put some beast inside ( lucky you got an metal headlight housing)

Because DR can be on power scale compared with medium backup

Hmm. I've literally just bought a HID light (21W Halcyon) seeing as it was on special with the 13.5A battery pack for under $1000 brand new. I've got 2 LED can lights (both DR) and both around 10-12W, and i'd noticed that in our local murky water, they simply weren't cutting it. Mind you, in clear water at night, even they were far too much light.

Oh diving, how many lights do you need!?!?!

Who has the Halcyon for under $1000?

Sometimes is less (3000lm) more . You don't need 3000lm in Australia probably but in my lake you can't find even your own ass ;-) .

I din't know that guy or his products (lightdude) ... and I'm almost sure that with LD3000 – $475 AUD ;-) are some numbers funny.... special

2927lm / 30W.... because I'm pretty sure what that kit contains.(should be cca 40W)

i have see you already bite in ;-)
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?341837-Dive-Rite-LED-Upgrade

and ;-).... Resistance Is Futile. You Will Be Assimilated!"

hey all. thanks for all the input. i ended up getting a great deal on a LM 21W HID with E/O connector. Hopefully it will show up soon and i can start practicing. I suppose i should be able to handle it even though i think this type of light is a bit big. And i think it will match up well with my new dive buddies and mentors. Light monkey really does have excellent service so far.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom