First BPW Setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bit of a hijack but the topic title is spot on....

Ive been searching for how much webbing to buy for a basic one-piece harness. Ive maybe seen a couple references to 14-16 feet.

The confusion comes from whether or not your using the webbing to make a crotch strap. In the beginning of BP/W divers would also make their own crotch strap. Now not so much. Also you really want a softer webbing for the crotch strap than for the harness itself.

If you have a freedom plate than just ask someone in that thread how much webbing they use.

The confusion comes from where are not your using the webbing to make a crotch strap or not. In the beginning of BP/W divers would also make their own crotch strap. Now not so much. Also you really want a softer webbing for the crotch strap than for the harness itself.

If you have a freedom plate than just ask someone in that thread how much webbing they use.

Yea, I bought a ready made crotch strap...Im not much with a needle and thread...Im sure it would result in blood.
Anyway....I went and ordered 12 feet...ill have to use my imagination and come up with a way to use the 3-4 extra feet Ill have. I dont know why I even bothered caring about it....its like 3 extra dollars in the cost of an entirely new rig...:facepalm:

Next week I get to build up my first BP/W once all the bits and pieces arrive....really looking forward to threading those keepers on....good times!

Yea, I bought a ready made crotch strap...Im not much with a needle and thread...Im sure it would result in blood.

Actually they just used the tri-glides to hold it although I think some divers used brass grommets.

Bit of a hijack but the topic title is spot on....

Ive been searching for how much webbing to buy for a basic one-piece harness. Ive maybe seen a couple references to 14-16 feet. I just measured a length of extension cord wrapped loosely around me in the shape of a harness and am being generous when I say I got 9 feet. So yeah...im thin. 150 lbs. 35" around my waist at the bellybutton where the waist belt would go.

Im just making sure im not missing something. I know webbing is cheap...its not a big deal to order more than I need
I think I have 15 feet and I could build another harness haha slight exaggeration but yeah I think 12 feet would be more reasonable

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom