First BPW Setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Deep 6 wings line up fine with the DGX backplate. Also there is no need for an STA as the Deep 6 wings come with a small set of stabilizers already attached.

I just recently switched to Halcyon from the DGX back plate and here is a few of my observations.

1) the DGX back plate holes will not line up with a DR, Halcyon or Sub Gravity back pads.
2) the webbing DGX includes is literally the stiffest webbing I have encountered, @LandonL can validate this as we discussed this while doing my Deco procedure course.
3) this may have just been my plate, but it was very sharp and not well machined causing my harness pretty severe premature wear.

It worked for me for a year, and it most certainly showed me what I wanted/ needed in a back plate without the extremely large upfront cost most BP/w's cost. I am much happier with the Halcyon back plate and harness.

It worked for me for a year, and it most certainly showed me what I wanted/ needed in a back plate without the extremely large upfront cost most BP/w's cost. I am much happier with the Halcyon back plate and harness.

Halcyon plates are nice, I have one but they are not noticeably better than other major manufacturers plates. However they are more expensive. Cheaper plates may have rough edges but there are threads on Scubaboard on how to smooth them. The tool is around $10. Also you can add tubular webbing over the regular webbing to prevent chaffing of the regular webbing. This will cut down on premature wear.

Webbing is a personal preference. Some people prefer it stiffer and some softer but don't go too soft or else the hardware can slip on the webbing. I think Halcyon went to a softer webbing to work better with the cinch system. There are also some threads on SB talking about softening webbing. I don't remember what the result was.

I am glad you are happy with your Halcyon system.

I have purchased the backplate and wing, I am now looking for bolts and nuts to attach these. I know it is not required to do so but I would like to do this. I live in the UK and I am struggling to find somewhere that sells them, any idea where I can purchase these either online or in store?

Thanks

I have purchased the backplate and wing, I am now looking for bolts and nuts to attach these. I know it is not required to do so but I would like to do this. I live in the UK and I am struggling to find somewhere that sells them, any idea where I can purchase these either online or in store?

Thanks

Not the cheapest but: Wing Screw

Any shop that caters to technical divers should sell these. You really only need the plastic kind.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom