Fire on safari boat Suzana in Egypt (Red Sea Aggressor)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mmmhhh... this does not sound with me.. do you happen to have the coordinates?
PS: note taken on your batteries in the hold...

87F0E689-DED8-4C15-82A4-44D6F05069BA.jpeg

Back in 2019, when I flew with United I had to carry all batteries in my carryon. Then when I laid over in Frankfurt, the baggage security said that I had too many batteries and wanted to confiscate them unless I can put them in my checkin baggage. Since I had 6 hour lay over, I went out through immigration, checkin my carryon through United checkin counter & went back in to the airport boarding checkpoint without my carryon.

Let it be know that if my egyptair flight from Cairo to Toronto goes down, they just made me put 7 keldan lithium batteries in my checked luggage.

odd considering on the way out they insisted that they had to be in my handluggage.

Sounds like their screeners used to work in Cozumel. I'm glad that Mexico seems to have finally figured it out. Where to put your batteries used to be a common question.

About 35/40 mins south of port Ghalib. To be honest they all could have likely floated to shore. It was basically moored on a shore dive....which makes the lack of wreck even weirder

ok, i think i've got it now: aka Abu Sayil or Abu Saile N 25° 25.814 E 34° 41.693, 15 km north of Abu Dabab.
See here for a map of the site.
In the video of that night you can see the light sof the coastal line in the background. I don't think they were so close to land.

Yes,it's it's 20 minutes after shouna they couldn't find the wreck even after 2 weeks searching

It was close to shore though. Think breakers distance from end of jetty to the dive shop. From the end of the jetty at night looking back to the hotel it doesn’t look like you are at a shore dive, but you are.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom