Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think you can get some split fins and a free spare air in the market place... might even throw in a subduck and a air 2

I am sure this has been asked before, and am just not seeing it, so I'll ask again. I currently dive with Atomic Aquatic split fins. While they are comfortable, and I don't get any cramps or fatigue using these, I feel that they may be a little slow in the water. Any reccomendations on a good set of fins, that will provide better spedd, without sacrificing comfort, or cramps?

I use a similar Tusa split fin, I have found that if you flutter kick, you get pretty good forward motion with mininumal effort. If you use a full leg kick, the fins are not as effective.

Try out some Force Fins. Once you give them a try, you will be hooked.
They have the ability to let you achieve some fast speeds without feeling like you are working hard while "kicking". I have Pro's, and my daughter has originals (in hot pink!). We both love them. I tried the Tan Deltas, and liked them but $$$ ouch!
Check them out..........
Force Fin Scuba Catalog
Quick story.........
We were diving the Spiegel Grove in a very swift current (when is it not!). I remember kicking along while up and above the Spiegel, clearly in full force of the current. Looking down at my buddies/group who were all sporting traditional fins, I just remember them kicking furiously trying to fight the current while still being behind the hull. I was up and above them in the current and had no problem keeping in front of them, while not working very hard!
You may get some strange looks while diving Force Fins, but just wait untill you are under water. All of a sudden everyone want to try them!
Be different.........give them a try !!!
Good luck with you choice !!!
Roger

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom