Fins recommended by gals...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks ya'll ... ! .. my wife and i are hitting up a few LDS around here to try out some of the fins mentioned ..

thanks again ya'll ...

Wow, thanks for the recommends and suggestions. I have a lot to consider, and see if the shops rent fins to try before I invest money in a good set. I used to have the stiff, black jet fins that I loved, but there seems to be better products on the market now.

I tried my new Mares dry snorkel, and love it. Next will be fins, then my mask. Once I have the basics, I will take a course.

Wow, beautiful pictures. If I hit the lottery, I am moving to the Keys...and become a fish!

hi ya'll ...

i have a question for ya'll ... my wife is looking for some fins, after doing some research on scubadiving.com .. i've came across these fins which were top picks, but wondering if they were ok to use for my wife..

Oceanic Viper (paddle)
Mares avanti superchannel (paddle)
Atomic aquatics (split)

while reading, it seems that the atomics were the best in power, thrust which my wife realized it on our last dive with some current, she felt like she had to use alot more power to keep up with the rest of the class .. but on our last visit to our LDS, they didn't recommand that atomic fins due to its stiffness ..

has anyone use these mentioned fins and can explain how were your exprience with them?

thanks in advance !

The superchannel is a great fin, I have them, use both splite and paddle. The superchannel allows alot to the power from the kick to be transmitted throw the fin giving you alot of power and speed. They are not so stiff that it is uncomfort and cramps up my foot.

And they are not that expensive!

Thanks Shoturtle ..

after trying on a few last night .. we went with Cressi Reactions .. i know, it wasn't mentioned on the list .. but she felt really comfortable, less weight and the best part was it had the color which she loves ... LOL

Thanks Shoturtle ..

after trying on a few last night .. we went with Cressi Reactions .. i know, it wasn't mentioned on the list .. but she felt really comfortable, less weight and the best part was it had the color which she loves ... LOL

I know that reaction. LOL, yes the color is a fashion statement with women. I like Cressi stuff. I use one of their regs, they are the oldest scuba gear company out there. And their stuff is not over price, and are made in italy and thailand.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom