Fins...Mares Red discontinued, what next?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mulliganx

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hey guys,

New to diving. I had my heart set on the Mares Avanti SuperChannel Open Heeled in Red. Reds are discontinued in Regular size.

What do you guys suggest otherwise? I heard the SuperChannels are awesome fins for currents and also have great reviews on different Scuba sites.

I live in NY and will be scuba diving around Long Island area for wrecks, also in Caribbean and hopefully even Thailand.

May sound funny but I wanted a nice red / black color for my fins. Matches my Mask/Snorkel and whichever suit I buy.

Thanks for assistance!

Welcome to ScubaBoard.

I'm sue you could find someone in the US who still had red in stock. Although I appreciate your desire for colour coordination that probably shouldn't be the number one consideration, says me who only buys black fins lol. In paddles the XStreams, Oceanic Vipers, Mares Wave, Aqualung Slingshots, Mares Excels all come in red to name a few. The superchannels are still showing as current on Mares website. I'd post this over in the Mares forum and a rep can advise. Good luck.

---------- Post added May 31st, 2013 at 03:21 PM ----------

Just did a quick search for you and ScubaToys is showing red and regular as in stock. Happy June 1st.

Mares Avanti Superchannel Open Heel discounts on sale Mares

Last edited:
Dude!! You rock. I only kept getting Leisurepro and online scuba.

Thanks a lot!! These have been ORDERED !! :D

red takes too many coates of paint! dont dive in the pool or they will turn pink!:confused:

I guess I ought to read threads more carefully. Sneaking a quick SB peak while at work is probably not a good way to spend one's lunch time. :dork2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom