Fins for VERY Petite Feet & Recreational Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can now report that the full foot fin over boot worked very well. Because I was diving in very warm waters, rather than using a dive boot I used simple canvas ankle high shoes, bought for $8 from big w. Kids size 2. They easily fit into the small size full foot seawing novas, using a shoe horn. I used fin grips for a few dives, but I don't think they are really necessary. They made fins feel more secure, but even without grips the fins weren't going to come off.

I got really excellent thrust from the fins with little leg strain. The whole arrangement looked a bit silly and was a bit more hassle than open heel fins, but worked very well to give me decent fins that fit very small feet.

If using this arrangement I recommend having a shoe horn. Makes putting on the fins much easier.

Another vote for the aeris accels - im a dwelf sized person and love the fit of my xs accels although im happy with the straps - had one come unhitched while i was pulling it off at the boat ladder but the strap didnt snap, i think theyre tougher than they look.

Hi all - interesting to hear about accels. Might try it out! Unfortunately, Makos are most likely too long for me (imagine using fins the same length as your whole leg!) :-(

However, pleased (and surprised) to report that I really liked the fit, weight and propulsion on the atomic splits! I realize it's different in the pool but after comparing it to the frog plus paddle (only one that also fit), I realized that my legs are just not strong enough to handle the paddles to really get much more torque than what the splits can do for me so why struggle? I use a size 4 boot and it fit fine....shoe actually extended past the foot pocket base! However, still looking for a thicker boot. Found a size 2 6mm apex on eBay but it was too small! Hoping Santa will get me a size 4 (they didn't have a 3) and hope it works!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom