Fins for snorkeling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonswaff

New
Reaction score
I'm looking for some full foot fins to go snorkeling. I wear a size 14 mens shoe which has really narrowed my options. I've searched for days and have only found two options basically:

1) The classic black fins that you wear when you rent equipment. Example: http://www.divedacor.com/fins-corda.html. I've never worn a comfortable pair of these.

2) Force Fins. These actually look perfect to me, but they cost much more than I want to pay. They're lightweight and easy to travel with.

All I want are a decent pair of fins that fit me, are easy to travel with, and cost around $50 US. Anyone else have size 14 (or larger) feet and know where to get some fins?

Thanks!
-Jon

jonswaff:
I'm looking for some full foot fins to go snorkeling. I wear a size 14 mens shoe which has really narrowed my options. I've searched for days and have only found two options basically:

1) The classic black fins that you wear when you rent equipment. Example: http://www.divedacor.com/fins-corda.html. I've never worn a comfortable pair of these.

2) Force Fins. These actually look perfect to me, but they cost much more than I want to pay. They're lightweight and easy to travel with.

All I want are a decent pair of fins that fit me, are easy to travel with, and cost around $50 US. Anyone else have size 14 (or larger) feet and know where to get some fins?

Thanks!
-Jon
IMO, you don't necessarily want a full foot fin for snorkeling. I prefer a strapped fin with booties. Much more comfortable. Also, easier to find for big feet. Actually, with size 14 feet, I'm not sure you need a fin at all! :D
For snorkeling, just a simple, inexpensive paddle fin will do.

Rick Inman:
IMO, you don't necessarily want a full foot fin for snorkeling. I prefer a strapped fin with booties. Much more comfortable. Also, easier to find for big feet. Actually, with size 14 feet, I'm not sure you need a fin at all! :D
For snorkeling, just a simple, inexpensive paddle fin will do.

:) Thanks for the info. Most of the strapped fins with booties went over my budget unfortunately. I went with the Dacor Corda fins size 13-15.

Cheers,
J

jonswaff:
:) Thanks for the info. Most of the strapped fins with booties went over my budget unfortunately. I went with the Dacor Corda fins size 13-15.

Cheers,
J

I am glad you found something you are satisfied with. I also used full foot fins until my foot grew. Now I also am a 14, and booties and open heel fins are the way I have gone.

Yes, it is more expensive, but I use the same fins for both snorkeling and diving. Also, the straps break, not the foot pocket. Less expensive to fix.

Good luck with your snorkelling!

Back
Top Bottom