Fins for proper trim

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mr_v

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Love my turtle fins but want something a tad lighter to improve trim w CCR. If you switched from Turtles, what did you choose and how do you like it?

I use the Dive Rite XTs with my rebreather.

Are you diving dry? Scubapro jetfins are heavier.
not what you want with most rebreathers, in general they are very light at your collar bone and going with neutral fins are much better. Turtles tend to be heavier than jets though more floppy.

not what you want with most rebreathers, in general they are very light at your collar bone and going with neutral fins are much better. Turtles tend to be heavier than jets though more floppy.
Good point. But the OP did want something lighter than Turtles.

I understand that roughly 3% of experienced cave divers frequent this forum. Some are peevish, and prefer to resort to name calling as a crude substitute for analysis. Fortuitously, you are not one of those in the minority to exhibit such contempt toward their fellow divers.

Good point. But the OP did want something lighter than Turtles.

They are, but I don't generally find the Jet fins light enough to make a difference vs. the Turtles. I've had both over the years and consider them to be similar enough. On your feet you really need a difference of a pound or two to make a noticeable difference in trim and it is always easier to be a bit foot light than a bit foot heavy when trying to get trim. Much easier and more comfortable to extend your legs a bit to increase the moment than it is to pull them back beyond 90* bend and reduce it.

I had a set that got stolen that I used to use in the pool. They were great but they don't make them in polar bear sizes so could only dive them barefoot :-(
Yep, luckily I have fairly normal sized feet. The largest ones fit snugly on my drysuit boots.
I have a set of Eddys as well. They are great when I am inside wrecks, very short with good finesse. I'm not a fan in most caves. I like the power I get with the XTs. Though I can't back kick them nearly as well as Jets/Eddys.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom