Fins for damaged knee (Spilt ?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My old and creaky knees are why I won't buy a scooter! I don't want the scooter to get my body someplace my knees can't get me back from!

That's a key part of the instruction in a cave scootering course. In your planning, assume that the scooter will fail at the worst possible time, and make sure you have the ability to get home without it.

While nice to have and use they do fail. Then you still have to use fins... :wink:

Only if scootering solo. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk with little keypad and big fingers- now Free

I'm here for you! I am going to buy a new scooter and sell my old one at half price! Just tell me where to send it.
Might be sooner than you think!
hey, my husband is applying for a job at CU. I'd love to be back in my old stomping grounds. I grew up in Niwot,you know!

Might be sooner than you think!
hey, my husband is applying for a job at CU. I'd love to be back in my old stomping grounds. I grew up in Niwot,you know!

Good luck with the application. You'd be a very welcome addition to the local dive community.

Still not bought, Scubapro SeaWing Nova seem top contender, although 'Gorilla' ver dud not do well in recent tests ... still using my Avanti Quattros.

Last edited:
While I've had no type of reconstruction or surgery on my knees, I have chronic sore knees from to many years playing soccer as a kid. I recently switched to the Aquaglide Split fins and it really helped me on my last vacation. Used them on a snorkeling trip in Mexico and they allowed me to swim around for quite sometime without any lasting stiffness. I got mine from an internet site which seems to have pretty good prices. Deep See Aquaglide Fin, Trns/Blu, 9-12 Aqualung | Seusee

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom