Finding a mask to seal on my bearded face

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just can't bring myself to do the John Waters 'stache.

Or Headly Lamar, depending on your preferred cultural reference.

I just can't bring myself to do the John Waters 'stache.

Or Headly Lamar, depending on your preferred cultural reference.
That seems to be a lot of maintenance, not sure if I can afford to add this to the pre-dive prep 😂

Much easier to just shave it off and go full on John Lennon!

1668342907848.png

I have a full beard and mustache, and what works is the diverite ES155 with a neoprene strap around the crown of my head, so it pushes the bottom of the nose pocket tight against the part where my septum meets my upper lip. used to clear my mask a dozen times a dive but so far with this setup i havent had to do it (unless i flood my mask on purpose)

Full Beard, maybe 4 inches long and shave off 3 mm just under the nose, then reduce length of the Tash and use vaseline.

One of the UK's top photographers had a full beard and advised that Tusa Freedom Ceos was the best mask for him and I have found it perfect for me as well. I hardly get any leaks

MAKO Spearguns Minimus (aka Mini) Freedive Mask​

Dive deeper and equalize less! The MAKO Minimus “MINI” Diving Mask sets a new standard in low volume freedive masks.

Perfect fit Guarantee:​

Hey Dive Buddies,
I’m so confident in how well these awesome freedive masks fit, I want to prove it to you.
In the very remote chance my MAKO Minimus Freedive Mask does not fit, you can send it back within 90 days of the purchase date for a full refund.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom