Finding a cheaper way to get to COZ

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Don, I've been using the Matrix software keeping an eye on the dates for the Cozumel Invasion, prices are around $700 bucks for me right now, went up to $788 today last time I checked.

I'm kind of picky though, I just can't do the 18 hour travel days that take the costs down to mid $600s.

Seems to be just bad timing right now, for all the things you mentioned regarding the airlines oil... etc...
Ah, that week. That narrows down acceptable dates. You did not say if you'd be willing to arrive a day or two early or return a day later, so I'll assume No: June 12-19 travel only, cross checking on Kayak.com...

American seems the worst about baiting you with low fares: $498 RT including taxes! Then you look and see you have to spend the night in DFW each way. How rude!
498.JPG

So I go to Air Quality and uncheck Redeye. It's one thing to fly thru the night but to consider terminal vs room for overnight - yuck. Sure, they'll do it your way, for $639...
639.JPG
Well, that's cheaper than you are finding so maybe you're just missing it? Except I'd rather fly Continental for $646...
646.JPG

You could go into Cancun for the bagdrag, returning from Cozumel. $591 is not cheap enough to offset the bus & ferry really, except to me - Continental is worth more.
591.JPG
Except I'd go back and do the $646 to land on Coz.

Yeah, exact date requirements along with no-redeye can run it up, but there are some choices on several below $700 even for your dates. If you do have more flexibility, try looking on Kayak with the flexible date options - just uncheck redeye after each search.

I'll check out Kayak too.

I'm actually looking at going the Friday or Saturday before.

Was is just a dream that I recall flying direct from Denver to Cozumel for under $300 bucks a long time ago?

I'll check out Kayak too.
More tools and features to play with, including daily email alerts...!
I'm actually looking at going the Friday or Saturday before.
Now he tells me. Two choices with American on Saturday @ $639 or Continental on Friday @ $646.
Was is just a dream that I recall flying direct from Denver to Cozumel for under $300 bucks a long time ago?
During the H1N1 flu scare yeah. $400 to $500 is normal. We are not in a normal situation.

American Airlines must have openned up some flights to Cozumel. Today they showed up and had flights about $150.00 cheaper per person then what I'd found before. Yee-ha!

American Airlines must have openned up some flights to Cozumel. Today they showed up and had flights about $150.00 cheaper per person then what I'd found before. Yee-ha!
Great! :thumb: I was hoping you grabbed a seat before fares went up again. I am not seeing any bargains for June 10 or 11 to 19 DEN-CZM that do not require an overnight in DFW, but if you got one before they pulled it - super. :partytime:

What did you book anyway? I see DEN-CUN @ $464 on Saturday or CZM for $100 more.
Don,
estimates on 200entertain and when it can be expected to reappear? Is that like august or something?
Gawd who knows? :idk: American is boycotting Orbitz, Expedia is boycotting American last I heard, United & Continental is clueless about what to do next in the merger, all of them want to beat out the booking agencies that find fares that the airlines try to hide - it's quite a racket!

Great! :thumb: I was hoping you grabbed a seat before fares went up again. I am not seeing any bargains for June 10 or 11 to 19 DEN-CZM that do not require an overnight in DFW, but if you got one before they pulled it - super. :partytime:

What did you book anyway? I see DEN-CUN @ $464 on Saturday or CZM for $100 more.

Gawd who knows? :idk: American is boycotting Orbitz, Expedia is boycotting American last I heard, United & Continental is clueless about what to do next in the merger, all of them want to beat out the booking agencies that find fares that the airlines try to hide - it's quite a racket!

is there any reason to beleive the 200entertain will ever be back ???

Don - Got the fri - sun 10-19th for under $500.00

Times and returns worked for us. Layovers of only 1 hr going out and 2 hour coming back.

Could have gotten a Sun-Monday for 428.00 but the one we did gets us 1 more day in Coz

Don - Got the fri - sun 10-19th for under $500.00

Times and returns worked for us. Layovers of only 1 hr going out and 2 hour coming back.

Could have gotten a Sun-Monday for 428.00 but the one we did gets us 1 more day in Coz
In & out of Coz? Good find. I certainly don't see it now.
is there any reason to beleive the 200entertain will ever be back ???
I think we are dreaming. I do see this one...
Save $100 on Mexico, Caribbean or Hawaii vacation packages
Minimum stay: 7 nights
Promo code: 100VACATION
Book by April 30, travel by July 31, 2011.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom