Finding a (Best) Dive Op in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Couldn't resist. Apologies in advance.

I have closed my business and sold the boats - so I have no dog in this fight anymore, but I will continue sharing the truth so that Cozumel visitors know the truth.

I am Advanced OW but taking my 13 year son to get certified in OW with a referral. Who do you recommend that we use? We are staying at Residentias Reef

I am Advanced OW but taking my 13 year son to get certified in OW with a referral. Who do you recommend that we use?

My son certified with ScubaTony when he was 14, and I have dived with them on many trips. They did a great job doing the certification, which I saw firsthand - I was his buddy for two of the cert dives since on one day he was the only student! I'm sure Christi will chime in, but I know she thinks highly of them, too.

They will pick up at the Secrets pier next to Residencias. I am diving with them again and staying at the same place in September.

Below is the updated spreadsheet of Coz dive ops. Included an op and rearranged a few things. Included a row for "Dive length - dives plan/comes up with group" but only have a few of those filled in, so anyone with some knowledge about that or anything else, please let me know.

Nice!

Regarding Aldora's tanks; they also offer steel 100cf and steel 80cf capacities, in addition to their standard steel 120cf tanks. Aldora also have their own dedicated fill infrastructure and do their own air-fills, which is an important differentiator in my option.

Why_Aldora.png

Here is, once again, an updated version of my chart of Cozumel dive ops. I was able to add a few new criteria (such as, offers shore dives) and in many instances, more detailed info for several ops, but some are still lacking info - so I will still gladly take any current info anyone has to offer. For those of you seeing this thread and this post for the first time, you can go back to post #1 to see why I have included the information that I did although there are a few changes from that first version.

My first trip back to Coz is getting close - end of November. I plan to dive with several ops. I was pleasantly surprised when I emailed the in-house ops at the resorts I'm staying at and both responded back within 24 hours. Hope the chart helps some of the new SB members as well as the experienced travelers to Coz.

Attachments

• cozumel dive ops.pdf
    511.1 KB · Views: 306
That's amazing. Acquiring and compiling the info. had to have been a lot of work researching; deciding on a useful format and packing the info. into it would again be a lot of work. Looks great; very well done. I see a lot of the detail I'd be looking for (e.g.: available tank sizes; not just where they're located, but where they pick up from).

Richard.

I thought that Salty Endeavors were an SSI shop. Am I wrong?

Hi Don. Do you know if they were doing SSI back in April? I went back through each dive op’s website before posting the updated version but obviously didn’t catch that - thanks for sharing the link - I’ll make the correction in the event that I post an updated version of the chart sometime in the future.

Back
Top Bottom