Finding a (Best) Dive Op in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This fellow is asking about Cozumel Adventures dive op but I don't see them listed?

Thanks Don. I just added them and posted to the OP's thread. When I first saw this, I was thinking someone brought in "Cozumel Adventures" similar to "Cabo Adventures" or "Vallarta Adventures" who offer various excursions along with scuba diving - but that's not the case.

Found some info on them from their website, but it would be nice to know if anyone on SB has used them before.

Anyway, the list is slowly getting updated - added Careyitos Divers a few days ago and am slowly updating prices and other pertinent info. Also updated Pepe Scuba as they have changed locations as of Nov. 1.

Dive ops by jonhall

Some Data for the ProDive operation at Allegro (as of 1st week Dec 2023)
Dive meeting time: 7:50am for Morning, 12:50pm for afternoon, 5:45pm for night
night dives offered Monday, Wednesday and Friday if there are 6 people. Cost $65USD.
Boats return to Occidental dock between dives to swap out tanks.
Nitrox available for $100pesos cash per tank. Order a day in advance.
Cancellation policy is day before.
They store gear short term.

Just an FYI. I have updated all of the information for every dive op I have in my spreadsheet. The "last update" of information, including prices, is shown in the first column after the dive op name.

I have also included a column with a link to the dive op's website. To go to the website, one has to click on the link to the website which opens a small box with the dive op name - then you click that.

Have also found that anyone wanting to let me know of an update or anything new can 1) highlight the cell with the data to update, 2) click on "insert" from the menu, 3) then click on comment, which will open a comment box. It is more likely I would see updates here on SB before I would notice them on the spreadsheet.

Thanks for the info many of you have provided. I will occasionally update on my own in the future, but will definitely add your updates when I get them.
Dive ops by jonhall

Just an FYI. I have updated all of the information for every dive op I have in my spreadsheet. The "last update" of information, including prices, is shown in the first column after the dive op name.

I have also included a column with a link to the dive op's website. To go to the website, one has to click on the link to the website which opens a small box with the dive op name - then you click that.

Have also found that anyone wanting to let me know of an update or anything new can 1) highlight the cell with the data to update, 2) click on "insert" from the menu, 3) then click on comment, which will open a comment box. It is more likely I would see updates here on SB before I would notice them on the spreadsheet.

Thanks for the info many of you have provided. I will occasionally update on my own in the future, but will definitely add your updates when I get them.
Dive ops by jonhall
I just dove with Roberta's in August, Out of ~16 dives, only one was under an hour, my average was 73 minutes. No complaints from the crew, we just had to stay near or under the DM after he sent up the DSMB (on most dives, he stayed near the bottom until about 1/2 the divers were at their SS}.

I suggest to add Blue Note Scuba

PADI 5 Star, has legal and permitted boat plus recently voted as one of the best dive operators.
bluenotescuba.com

I suggest to add Blue Note Scuba
I've actually had them on the list for awhile, last updated 12/3/23.

one of the best dive operators
Funny, the term "best" goes back to why I put the term in the title of this thread (explained way back in post #1.)

Thanks for the post/link: glad to see a couple of Coz ops on the list.

Dive ops by jonhall

I’ve seen recent references to Sharkys, are they listed under different name?

I’ve seen recent references to Sharkys, are they listed under different name?
Good point! We dive with them so I can provide some of the information:

Operate out of Fonatur. PADI. Will pick up and drop off at any pier south of the marina, otherwise meet at the marina by 7:50am. Small, covered fast boats. They recently increased their prices (😢): 1 day/2 tank= $115. 2 day= $200 3 day=$295 4 day=$385 5 day=$475 extra days beyond 5= $95 / day. Night dive= $50 Nitrox=$12 / $17 (100). Prices including tax. All gear is included (except dive computer, dive lights). Marine park fee included. Dive your tank. SI= beach, light lunch (usually sammies), fresh fruit, drinks. WhatsApp +52 987 108 1639, Facebook= Sharky’s SCUBA Cozumel | San Miguel de Cozumel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom