Finding a (Best) Dive Op in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Direct experience with Scuba Du= big no. Aldora is great. They will pick you up. We loved our room at Presidente. The staff were friendly. The place is kept very clean. Scuba Du needs a lot of improvement.
Yea I have been staying at the Presidente since 2003 and have never used Scubadu. I really like everyone that works there though. I have them wash my gear the last day of my trip and it smells so good, better than my normal laundry. I do tip them well! What room did you stay in?

Thought I'd put a link at the end of this thread. Be advised that although several dive ops have been updated, the prices on most should be checked out from the website or from communication with the dive op itself. Some day soon I'll get around to updating the whole spreadsheet instead of just when other SB'ers give me updates on a specific op.

Dive ops by jonhall

Thought I'd put a link at the end of this thread. Be advised that although several dive ops have been updated, the prices on most should be checked out from the website or from communication with the dive op itself. Some day soon I'll get around to updating the whole spreadsheet instead of just when other SB'ers give me updates on a specific op.

Dive ops by jonhall
Any possibility of adding a price quote reference date? Between inflation and the US dollars slide against the MXN peso (Mexico's central bank rate is 11.25% causing a very strong peso) prices have been changing over the last few years. The difference in prices between 2021 and 2023 on your sheet could be significant causing a shop with a recently updated price to be significantly higher than a shop where the sheet still lists prices from several years back.

Any possibility of adding a price quote reference date? Between inflation and the US dollars slide against the MXN peso (Mexico's central bank rate is 11.25% causing a very strong peso) prices have been changing over the last few years. The difference in prices between 2021 and 2023 on your sheet could be significant causing a shop with a recently updated price to be significantly higher than a shop where the sheet still lists prices from several years back.

That would be a very good thing to do for any site or document or video that lists prices. So often I see information on the internet that is undated and I have no way to know if it is current or was posted many years ago.

Have added a price as of date to the price column. Also added a column showing ops that cater to cruisers.

Have updated Aldora, 3P, Roberta's Scuba Shack, and Salty Endeavors. As an FYI, Pepe Scuba will be moving from Coral Princess to El Cozumeleno a little farther north. Will update their info when the change takes place Nov. 1.

"best" dive op is subjective. what's best for some isn't necessarily best for others.

nice.
Just for fun. here's a similar thing I did for the radio show a few years ago. Some of the dive operator info may be out of date, but a little time waster if you like ...

This fellow is asking about Cozumel Adventures dive op but I don't see them listed?

Back
Top Bottom