Finding a (Best) Dive Op in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting, have not heard about them. I see they have a 9:30 a.m. departure and include lunch, photos on Facebook show a big boat. So, with all that, assuming about 6 hours total for the 2 tank trip including lunch -- would that be about right?
Yes thats about right back around 3. They have a shop downtown and my way an mayye boats name not fast boat more old style day on the water

One operator not listed.http://divecharrocozumel.com/.

Will look them up and add them if there is enough info. I'd never heard of them either. I have made some recent changes to other dive ops. Thanks.

First of all thank you for all the info and time put into this list! It has been so helpful in my research. I am new to diving in Cozumel. Cozumel H2O was recommend it to me. I don’t see them on the list. Is there a reason they were left off?

Cozumel H2O was recommend it to me. I don’t see them on the list. Is there a reason they were left off?

Best answer: I'd never heard of them and no-one else suggested it to me.

Their website is lacking on info although they seem to have decent prices. I'm guessing that they don't have a dive shop, but work by email/phone to set up diving. No problem there as other ops do the same. I did see on their FB page that they dive out of Marina Fonatur and from TripAdvisor, people took taxis to get there - so no transportation provided (which isn't an uncommon thing in Coz.) - but none of this info is on their website.

I could probably piece some info together from different sources, but their website doesn't give much. I would guess based on what I saw that they take divers and snorkelers out together - not a plus for many divers but a definite plus for families that have both divers and non-divers.

I could add them if I had enough info on them. If anyone has personal knowledge and information, and wants to share with me, I would be happy to add them to the list. @Mlindie4 if you use them let me know how it went.

I'm guessing that they don't have a dive shop
I'm guessing that they don't have a boat. Licensed boats in Cozumel are very expensive as the licenses are restricted and in demand. They may well be a great dive op, but have to hunt for spaces on other companies' boats. Or my guess could be wrong.

Best answer: I'd never heard of them and no-one else suggested it to me.

Their website is lacking on info although they seem to have decent prices. I'm guessing that they don't have a dive shop, but work by email/phone to set up diving. No problem there as other ops do the same. I did see on their FB page that they dive out of Marina Fonatur and from TripAdvisor, people took taxis to get there - so no transportation provided (which isn't an uncommon thing in Coz.) - but none of this info is on their website.

I could probably piece some info together from different sources, but their website doesn't give much. I would guess based on what I saw that they take divers and snorkelers out together - not a plus for many divers but a definite plus for families that have both divers and non-divers.

I could add them if I had enough info on them. If anyone has personal knowledge and information, and wants to share with me, I would be happy to add them to the list. @Mlindie4 if you use them let me know how it went.
I have known Miguel for years. He was a freelance for BlueXT Sea and others. Fabulous photographer and a really great instructor and person

First of all thank you for all the info and time put into this list! It has been so helpful in my research. I am new to diving in Cozumel. Cozumel H2O was recommend it to me. I don’t see them on the list. Is there a reason they were left off?
The excel has very good coverage of many offerings but still there are a few ops I have found that are not on there as well. I dove with Salty last time in heavy rains and among other things, they didn't give me a raincoat as per the excel.:wink:

-

I found Scuba Luis to be a quality operation. Personalized service, very experienced and friendly. Small boats. I’m planning to get my advanced OW through them as soon as I can get back there.

I dove with Salty last time in heavy rains and among other things, they didn't give me a raincoat as per the excel.
Spreadsheet no longer shows raincoat as their website no longer shows it. The only way I tend to know about different ops and discrepancies of info in the spreadsheet is if someone lets me know or I happen to check a dive ops site again.

As quickly as things can change, I would always recommend confirming information about an op if one is using the spreadsheet.

If you are really bored and looking for a project.... What about adding a category of dive time limits and group versus individual ascents. It seems that more dive ops are applying max dive times. Your work here is amazing and probably the most helpful threads on the current board.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom