Finances and Tec Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No chance with Moskva!
Otherwise well within range of your Mk15.
Excuse meeeeeee, it was a 15.5, thank you very much! :D

Damn dangerous those 15's! :mad:

1652974338820.png

I just got a 13% raise. Damned handy! 😂🤣
We at work are all waiting to see what comes out this year. Hopefully enough to at least cover the cost of gasoline and groceries.

The nice thing about this hobby is you can park it for a year (like I have due to knee injury and repair) and it doesn't cost you while it is parked. Friends with horses on the other hand, cost them nearly the same regardless if they ride or not.

We at work are all waiting to see what comes out this year. Hopefully enough to at least cover the cost of gasoline and groceries.

The nice thing about this hobby is you can park it for a year (like I have due to knee injury and repair) and it doesn't cost you while it is parked. Friends with horses on the other hand, cost them nearly the same regardless if they ride or not.

I have one misguided friend who has chosen horses over diving (he leases a horse, doesn’t own). His priorities are out of wack! 🤣😂

I got snipped before I had any kids.
I live in a townhouse alone which after mortgage/utilities/strata is ~15% ish of my net income.
Lots of money left for hobbies

There is a rash of " how I finance my diving " posts on the FB group SDU. Many are hilarious or completely inappropriate but divers really do make up an interesting cross section of occupations.

I was lucky or unlucky depending on your perspective. I was blinded in one eye from an insured accident, payout figure was 150K. Over the following many years I spent it almost all on diving / diving related travel, the rest I wasted. True story! And I do not regret it one bit, although, unfortunately, its long gone now. :(

EDIT: I meant to add that my physical afflication is what I blame for being so 'one-eyed' on some many subjects. :)
Mine is congenital. So no compensation. But I do spend only half as much on contact lenses as regular people.

I would not know the differences.
I was being somewhat factious, but..............................I am no fan of the Mk15. The Mk15.5 is a different beast altogether. When I have time I will pull a few comparison pics together, with an anecdote, and will post in an appropriate thread - as there are few old threads I know of more or less re similar subject - to show you the differences.

I have a fairly well paying job and we have stayed out of debt for 20 years (not counting modest houses). When we lived stateside I purchased all the toys I thought I needed (CCR, compressor, booster, etc), paid cash from saving. But when the pandemic hit and we were allowed to telework I told the bosses either I work from the island or I retire. I have 1 1/2 years to retirement and we live on a tropical island so I can dive 2-4 times a week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom