Finals Suck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sb_diver

Contributor
Reaction score
[whine]

I hate finals.

[end whine]

Good luck! I'm neck deep in them. 2 down 2 to go.
SCUBABoard is keeping me sane. hehe

I had measles/chicken pox (dont know what you call it over here) during my finals, nothing better than your own private room to do the exam in, in case you spread it around - caught it off my young nephew a couple of weeks beforehand. Great to revise and concentrate when you are running a high fever, feel terrible, want to sleep and itch all the time :wink: We also had our next door neighbour doing a complete refit of their house, that was fun too!

Personally, I think they need to change the name from Final's to something more appropriate, like Hell Week. The only final exam you ever really take the last one before they give you your diploma.

I'm with you!!! You note that I am reading scubaboard, INSTEAD of finishing the papers and tests that are due by midnight tonight.... ARGH!!!

I've been out (why do college students, especially engineering school students, talk like like college is prison?) 16 years, and I still remember my finals.

Though two finals stand out.

I went to Georgia Tech, which has this classroom building named Skiles. Skiles has 3.5 floors of classrooms with mostly identical floor plans. I was a junior, far enough through my days at Tech to not religiously attend every day of class (silly freshmen). I dutifully report to the room for my 8 am final, and look around the room, not really recognizing anyone else in the class, but hey, that's the prof at the front of the room. The assistant hands the exam out and I look at it... and realize I barely recognize the questions much less know the answers.:scared: Then I look at the top of the paper and realize that the reason I don't recognize anyone is that they are all grad students. Same prof, same subject, one class for undergrads, one for grad students, and they are in the same room, just different floors. I needed to go up one floor.

The other story revolves around Tech's graduating senior rule. Tech used to have graduation on the ending Saturday of finals week. Since the final grades needed to be in before final week, graduating seniors were excused from finals.

I dropped freshman chemistry 2 when I was a freshman. This class never really fit into my class schedule until I was a Junior, at which point I realized that I could put it off until my last quarter (which was a fall quarter) and get out of a hairy final. Being a Comp Sci major, I did not need chemistry for anything but the degree. All well and good, so I thought.

Class was fine, no problem with the work and the grade, but it is really really bad mojo to be a jaded and fried graduating senior in a class filled with 1st quarter freshman.

These people, young, innocent, Happy to be there!, heck they even brought their books to the first day of class. Little did they know what they were in for at Tech... Never ever be a senior in a class full of freshmen.

plsander:
Never ever be a senior in a class full of freshmen.
Unless they are all hot girls :wink:

ok, two down.. three to go...including PHARMACOLOGY!!!!! yuck! Anyone want to help?? :)

Well, just to spread some more sunshine, in the real world, you don't have finals, you have "Performance Reviews." :p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom