Finally mailed everything

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will continue to help out with OW classes. Lately, I have been thinking about becoming an instructor but I will probably going to wait a year or so. I think way to many people rush to becoming an instructor. Right now I am going to dive as much as I can and more into a technical direction.

I finally mailed all my paperwork in for my DiveCon yesterday. I probably took alot longer than I should have working on everything to get my DiveCon cert. So hopefully in a few weeks I will have my card.

Congrats!

In my book longer is usually better when working toward DM/DC. It takes time for this stuff to sink in and the more opportunities to work with students the better. I'm about 80% finished with my DM and I've been at it for 10 months. I'm still in no hurry. Each time I work with students I learn more, gain more confidence and become better prepared to be a working DM. It'll most likely be another 2-6 months before I finish up and that's AOK with me. Quality is the important part, not the speed at which you finish up.

I will continue to help out with OW classes. Lately, I have been thinking about becoming an instructor but I will probably going to wait a year or so. I think way to many people rush to becoming an instructor. Right now I am going to dive as much as I can and more into a technical direction.

I'm going to be finished in the next week or two. I need to do my mapping project and 400yd swim. Probably will do as you're doing helping out with classes and doing deco procedures and advanced nitrox. I just don't think I want to be an instructor any time soon like you do. Maybe in the future.

It takes time for this stuff to sink in and the more opportunities to work with students the better.

I agree 100%, I like observing as many different instructors as I can do the same class over and over. You always pick up something new.

Wys

Forgive my ignorance ... is DiveCon like Dive Master?

Welcome to the plastic. :biggrin:

With all the hurricane aftermath over here, my LDS canceled this weekend's checkout, so I get to lead a very small trip of those of us who refuse to let a mere cancellation stop us from making the trip. My first post-Gustav dives will be this weekend.

(There wasn't a chapter in my book about hurricanes, although I dare say the "always have backup plans" meme may encompass it all. :wink:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom