Finally got to meet some of the PPD'ers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pakman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well, I finally got down to Anilao last Sat. for a quick but enjoyable side trip before heading out to Puerto Galera. Thanks to Paolo, I had a smooth transfer from Makati to AquaV in Anilao. Also thanks to Axua for arranging the stay at AquaV and getting me a "local" rate... Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to dive with Paolo who was over at another resort. Spoon, Mon, and Chip came down to dive for the day as well. Met up with Axua who was guiding another group of divers at AquaV. The resort was basic but has its charms (btw, I found the food excellent!). Noticing all the Korean signs around Anilao, I quickly switched into a Japanese t-shirt to disguise myself and to avoid any potential lynch mobs that Jag may had organized... I left the dive spot selection to Spoon and Chip. We ended up doing Sombrero and couple of dive sites. Great viz, great coral, and lots of fishies. For a nite dive, the plan was to hit cathedral but we missed it on the drop and spent the dive just drifting. Since it was my first dive with my new 21W HID light, I was oblivious to our missing the cathedral site and was occupied mindlessly blinding the poor fish and complaining about the hordes of zooplankton my flamethrower was attracting... We did come across a nice turtle feeding on some coral.

Spoon, mon, and chip had to rush back to Manila that nite. Only for me to realize [gasp!] that I didn't buy you guys at least a round of beers before you hit the road!!! I should be hung by my backplate crotch strap with only speedos on from a high tree and flogged for that serious oversight!!!:icon10:

Anyways, here are some underwater pics from some of the dives...

The oh so graceful Chipster showing off his spot on buoyancy control as he tangles himself in his DSMB (thanks to my blinding camera strobe) :D
CRW_3758.JPG

Nudies
CRW_3745.jpg

CRW_3757.jpg

CRW_3753.jpg

CRW_3755.JPG

CRW_3749.jpg

CRW_3764.jpg

Definitely would like to come back to Anilao and spend more time diving there.

thanks Ish

Midwestdvr - yeah, can't wait for that Leyte trip even if its not until december!

I was annoyed this was one of my "can't leave the city" weekends but perhaps we'll meet on your next trip. Those were some nice pics, I haven't been able to get that close to one of the Anilao turtles yet.

wish i was there with you guys... great pix!!!

iris_ice:
wish i was there with you guys... great pix!!!

you know I was thinking, hmm... these nudibranch and turtle pics would look better if I had the lovely Iris or Ish model them (kind of like those professional photo shots where they have the female diver models posing with the reef :wink: ) I thought about using Chip, but then thought... naw...:D

Great pictures pakman. Glad you enjoyed your visit.

haha.. japanese tshirt :lol:

hey Pak was good to meet you and enjoyed your company very much. i also appreciate you lending me your flamethrower for one dive. was awesome. looking forward to our next dive. hopefully when i get my tech certs we can go tech wrecking in coron. hopefully il have my hid by then:)

Back
Top Bottom