Finally got salted!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

landlocked

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Last Friday at 5:30 PM, I had a friend ask if I wanted to take a drive with him to Vancouver BC for the weekend. I said sure. He insisted that I bring my dive gear (even though he is a non-diver) on the off chance that we could arrange a dive. When we got to Anacortes Washington (some 15 hours later) we found Kelley at Anacortes Diving and Supply. As luck would have it, they had a simple shore dive planned for that afternoon and I was invited! Thanks to their hospitality and a cordial dive leader named Jim, I got wet, tasted salt water (yuck!), saw a lot of salt water critters (wow!) and generally had a short but successful first ocean dive. (I wanted to look up UP for a good Sunday sermon but didn't have anyway of contacting him and we had to get back for work Monday morning. Next time though.) Anyway, sometimes life is good and long shots have a way of coming through. I do so appreciate the sometimes. :D

Landlocked,

Congrats! I can imagine that living in the pac northwest ocean dives arent a common thing for you. I might be living here but I am a salt water baby, I swear it runs through my veins. I moved here just to get far enough away to focus on school. Then I up and decide to get dive certified..who knew!

Ill have to invite you down to socal when i get back there for good for some fun salty dives.

I used to gag/panic whenever I swallowed salt water (which was fairly often, since I grew up near the ocean), but I've noticed lately that it just doesn't bother me like it used to. I guess I must have gotten used to it.

Being from Chicago, what I do is this. I purchased a 110 gallon salt water aquarium..no fish, no coral, just have it setup with saltwater. I dipped my head in there 10 times a night for 3 weeks. Swallowed some salt, but after the 2nd week, it was part of my calorie intake. Now when I do end up in the ocean, its just a real big fish tank. :wink:

Originally posted by jepuskar
I purchased a 110 gallon salt water aquarium..no fish, no coral, just have it setup with saltwater

Nice! Hmm... maybe I'll try replacing my bed with that! The cats might freak but at least I won't hear my neighbors mowing at those god-awful hours of the morning....

You think a snoot fulla salt water is nasty? I swallowed a tad of lake water & had a sore throat for a week from the duck-poop nasties. I would much rather snort salt than duckie-doo any day!

Be it salt or sweet, the wet stuff is for diving in, not for drinking... although there's nothing like a salty mouth to make you appreciate a slice of watermelon or fresh pineapple.

Z

or a nice bottle of fresh water waiting for you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom