Finally got around to renting Open Water...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll be the voice of dissent.

I'm not going to go as far as to say that I loved it, but I did like it.

Cinema verite style. The way I watched it was that it wasn't really about diving, it was about the nature of relationships and how very delicate that can be.

I left the theater feeling lonlier than I'd ever felt in my life.

saying:
I'll be the voice of dissent.

I'm not going to go as far as to say that I loved it, but I did like it.

Cinema verite style. The way I watched it was that it wasn't really about diving, it was about the nature of relationships and how very delicate that can be.

I left the theater feeling lonlier than I'd ever felt in my life.

I liked it too. Don't know what all the fuss is about? It was about diving, that was fun. It was about not getting left behind, that was informative. It had a great bod to watch, that was pleasurable. So what's not to like?

The 15 straight days of rain here drove me to delirium so I rented the film on a 2-for-1 day at the video store. I thought it was a horrible film (one of the worst I've ever seen), as did my non-diving housemate (who was not in the least bit terrified by the sharks, possibly because she had recently watched my great white footage). The "script" seemed either non-existent or written by a 7-year old (actually, they might have done a better job). The acting was fourth rate. What I can't believe is that Roger Ebert gave it a thumbs up.

Dr. Bill

I would have been happier if they paid me to watch it, or only charged like $1 to see it. I was down in the Keys diving this past summer when i watched it - made for some time in the evening, but was a waste - there was a lot more they could have done with the movie.

We had it on the tube for a bit on NYE - I couldn't even watch. I got rum and coke and went outside to the BBQ grill and made a hot fire to cook flesh on.. :)

drbill:
The 15 straight days of rain here drove me to delirium so I rented the film on a 2-for-1 day at the video store. I thought it was a horrible film (one of the worst I've ever seen), as did my non-diving housemate (who was not in the least bit terrified by the sharks, possibly because she had recently watched my great white footage). The "script" seemed either non-existent or written by a 7-year old (actually, they might have done a better job). The acting was fourth rate. What I can't believe is that Roger Ebert gave it a thumbs up.

Dr. Bill

I agree with you Dr. Bill. I wasn't excited to see the movie and should anyone decide to turn it off...please do! If the movie was named "Blair witch meets sharks" I would have liked the movie more........then again the movie production is so poor I'm not sure I could like it for any reason. They should have at least hired me to help them with the story and the filming, then I would like the movie.

Dive Safe,
Caymanaic :11:

I thought it was reasonably entertaining. Just seeing people in scuba gear in the water gets me halfway there on giving it the ok.

I'm waiting for Netflix to chuck it my way. I have very low expectations and really only want to see it so I can get a good chuckle from it. My Girlfiend, Whom I am currently trying to get into diving, wants to see it. I told her that she's not allowed to see it for fear that this (what I assume to be) excrement on film will detur her from taking the plunge. She never listens to me about anything anyway :ignore: , so we'll see how that goes. :33:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom