Finally got around to renting Open Water...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I watch some of the trashiest, worst B-Movies to ever grace this planet. I laugh at them and find IMHO that there is Good trash and bad trash. Good trash in my book are films like pink flamingos, street trash, dead alive, big fat ethel, man behind the sun, Troma releases, and films of the such. I found Open water painful to watch. This movie was so boring. I've sat through some real stinkers in my day, but this one definately was high up on the list. Zero character development, zero plot development, and obviously zero budget. I've seen films done on much less of a shoestring budget that have a huge impact. This film has zero impact in my book, except that the public will throw down there money to go see crap when there is nothing else in the theaters. Of course hollywood has known this for years. IMHO 95% of the movies that come out on a day to day basis from hollywood are just rehashed garbage. I.E. just about any movie I do give the directors/filmakers of open water credit though for trying something new, even if they fell on their face while doing it. Of course most people say the stuff I watch on a daily basis is garbage too. This movie is just painful, I can't believe I'm wasting time complaining about it.. :)

Matt

CBulla:
We had it on the tube for a bit on NYE - I couldn't even watch. I got rum and coke and went outside to the BBQ grill and made a hot fire to cook flesh on.. :)
Thankfully this time is wasnt any of your own flesh! I tried to avert my eyes as much as i could, pour drinks, but the trainwreck kept going! Other than this low point that NYE bash was great :wink:

i seen this 'open water' in a movie theater. didnt like it much. but i have to be grateful because the movie was made without no special effect, without specially made stages and all with real and alive sharks. for some its a successfull movie. it was made with a little budget and brought much more back. if you ask me.. eveything happened as it should happen in the movie. you see thats the reason why i didnt like it much. nothing exciting. and the biggest mistake in the movie was the blackout thingies in the end. it would be better if they used some footage instead of those black screens with screams and ponding soundtrack.

All of this reminds me that I'd rather dive than watch a movie about someone else diving! See you in the water...

[[Gratuitous boob shot in bedroom scene.]] Even that was spoiled when she primed him all up and then just declaired "I'm not in the mood." and turned over and went to sleep. What a witch with a capital B.

I liked most the scene where the divemaster had his clipboard and was checking all over the boat while looking at the clipboard. Like he was taking roll call or something. Then he wrote 20 on an empty sheet of paper. High quality accounting.

All in all - it adds to my scuba movie collection but - Oh well!!

slingshot:
All of this reminds me that I'd rather dive than watch a movie about someone else diving! See you in the water...
but if you didnt see it yet, i can say its worth a try...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom