Finally Finished

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

parrottheaddiver

Contributor
Reaction score
As of this past Monday, i'm finally a certified diver...YIPPIE! Now off to go have some serious fun!

Wife and I did our checkout dives in Lake Travis and saw some big catfish lurking around near the platforms at Windy Point...everything really is bigger in Texas!

njdiver95:
As of this past Monday, i'm finally a certified diver...YIPPIE! Now off to go have some serious fun!

Wife and I did our checkout dives in Lake Travis and saw some big catfish lurking around near the platforms at Windy Point...everything really is bigger in Texas!

Congratulations! Now the adventure begins.

Pete

njdiver95:

Congratulations and welcome to a whole new world, both to explore and to spend money on! :eyebrow:

<mounting soapbox>
When I certified a new diver, I would relate to them, basically the following:

"First thing I would like to tell you as a new diver, is to continue your education and dive often to become a better diver. I don't specifically mean to plunge into the maelstrom of getting your AOW immediately, then after 25 dives enroll into a Rescue class, but to DIVE and watch and talk to other more experienced divers (they are easy to spot both above and below the water).

There are many divers who never went past OW certifications that are probably better divers than I am -- and I am a PADI instructor -- mainly because they DIVE, and Dive different environments and have been doing so for a loooong time..."

<off the soapbox>

Welcome to the best of the world and the best of the internet!

Back
Top Bottom