Finally dove with DIR buddies. What a mess!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lawman once bubbled...
what I meant. But, I think I do understand
the difficult concept of the backplate and canister.
I just think that people that make a fetish out of
this stuff and DIR are a little bit nuts.

If you want to wear all that crap complete with
a light that would work on a 747 go ahead. This
is America. You can act as strange as you want.

You may comprehend what a backplate is, but you have no clue in the world what DIR is, or how it pertains to diving. Nor do you understand the importance of "all that crap".

In short, you are a misinformed troll.

once was a man from Detroit
At diving he was adroit

From a state of repose
clutching his 7 foot hose

He said "DIRs all right!"

Lawman once bubbled...

Doubles, stage tanks, and canister lights aren't DIR. They're basic components of all technical diving.

Maybe you should be talking about stupid looking tech divers who need help with their gear instead of picking on a Hogarthian rig.

Hi Gang!
I apologize for what may seem like a late addition to this thread. I don't really take part in many of the "discussions" on the Internet too often, but this one caught my attention and I'd just like to make a brief comment on the ideas/views that have been presented and even offer an invitation to those curious about DIR.
I have witnessed the misrepresentation of DIR on many occasions. Not only here on the Internet, but also at the dive sites (near and far), and even in dive shops with the local "pro's" behind the counter. In defense of GUE I could go into a lengthy discertation on what constitutes the DIR system (at least to the extent of how I have been taught by the fine people at GUE), but I think that would appear like just another "DIR'ist" blowing their horn and would really not accomplish too much. Instead, I would like to invite Lawman (and any others that can make it) to come diving with my partner and I, just to have fun and actually see it, ask questions, and get real answers as opposed to continuing the misrepresentation of our system. So, Lawman, at a place and time of your choosing, let's get together and go for a dive and maybe some of the obvious confusion you (and others) have about the way we dive can be cleared up and if we are as bad as you say we are, then you can come out here and say that, but if you come away with something beneficial to the way you dive, I'd like you to post that as well. At the very least you'll get to go diving, at the most, you'll come away with a newly sparked interest to improve and a renewed enthusiasm for the sport that we all share a great passion for...are ya in? I look forward to meeting and diving with you!

Lawman once bubbled...
once was a man from Detroit
At diving he was adroit

From a state of repose
clutching his 7 foot hose

He said "DIRs all right!"
Somebody check. Is this some kind of a new record for the board?

Lawman once bubbled...
Meet Mike. He thinks every method of training divers
is B******. He knows that PADI is a front for Osama
bin Laden and is conspiring to kill us all. Don't argue
with him.If you argue with him thats PROOF that you
are part of the vast PADI moneygubbing conspiracy.
He's a good diver but not a happy man.:)

First the Hitler thing, now this. I have noticed that you seem to have never said a useful thing on this board. I think you need preofessional help.

Lawman once bubbled...

You don't have a clue as to what you are talking about.

Lawman once bubbled...
Meet Mike. He thinks every method of training divers
is B******. He knows that PADI is a front for Osama
bin Laden and is conspiring to kill us all. Don't argue
with him.If you argue with him thats PROOF that you
are part of the vast PADI moneygubbing conspiracy.
He's a good diver but not a happy man.:)

Dude, get some help.....I hope you are only like this on web......crtitizing the use of canister lights....wow, now I've heard it all.

Well, keep up the trolling......JA

This is like trying to banter with a room full
of Forrest Gumps.

You're being goaded kid. Don't make it so easy.

Lawman

I thought it was the other way around and your the gump. Only diff is your not good harted like forest was but most likely have the same mental capacity. I wish you could say something of value once and a while. I'm sure your an avg Joe but it just doesn't come out that way on the board. I bet your a bit like "Archy Bunker" you have good intentions but just to much of a "meathead" to get it. We meet online to have fun and hopefully share some diving insite or knowledge but all you ever what to do is stir the pot. For a man of your age I would think you would have something better to share.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom