Finally certified

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pro99line

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Well we finally did it. We finished our checkout dives on 7/12 and passed our test on 7/15. My girlfriend and I are officially certified. We decided to go ahead and do nitrox also, so we took the nitrox class last nast and passed it. Happy days. :D

You are at the start of a beautiful journey - congrats!

Woohoo. Thanks. I did a discovery dive back in 2005 in Hawaii and got hooked. I started classes March 2007 and finished all 6 but never did my checkouts due to divorce. I got divorced, started college (again) for Marine Biology, got a new girlfriend, and she was interested in diving so we took the classes together. I had to retake the last 5. It has been a great experience (even the divorce haha) and I loved every second of it. It is nice to also have a permanent dive buddy and we know we can trust each other and have FULL understanding of each others equipment and how our diving styles will be. We care about each other therefore we will look out for each other underwater. I so excited that I could ramble all day. LOL.

Congradulations! It may have been a long jouney, but you made it and now the real adventure begins.

Ya, even divorces can be a growing experience. They toughen you up, and make you a stronger person, once you have survived the process!

My gf wanted to dive with me, but it was a very long struggle for her to overcome her lack of self confidence. She hates it when I say it took her 5 years and 5 countries to certify, but it is essentually true, in that she started, stopped and restarted training several times, with different instructors before she did eventually earn her OW.
She will never become the addicted diver that I am, but she loves to dive with me now, although she is quite content with one or two dives in a day. In a week she will be returning to Bonaire with me and my two teens, for her 6th dive trip there.

pro99line

Congratulations to you and your GF. Enjoy the adventure together.

The next objective is to keep that gear damp!

Dive Safe & Often
Pete

good goin'-----------now,.....geaux diving.....

Thanks everyone. We will defintely keep the equipment "wet". We are a short drive to some decent shore diving and short boat ride to some nice sites.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom