Trip Report Finally, back in SE Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We'll have to try to get on a boat together when you're back.
I love to meet other SBers. My initial schedule is already set. I have reservations for 4 dives with JDC on the 21st and 22nd and the 3 tanker, including Deep Ledge, on the 23rd. I have reservations with Loggerhead in Boynton for 4 dives on the 24th and 25th and 2 dives on the 26th, 27th, and 28th. Starfish is my backup in Boynton. If seas are up, but doable, I would try Narcosis in West Palm.

Maybe I'll see you there. If in Boynton, I'd be glad to take the flag and show you a good time.

I love to meet other SBers. My initial schedule is already set. I have reservations for 4 dives with JDC on the 21st and 22nd and the 3 tanker, including Deep Ledge, on the 23rd. I have reservations with Loggerhead in Boynton for 4 dives on the 24th and 25th and 2 dives on the 26th, 27th, and 28th. Starfish is my backup in Boynton. If seas are up, but doable, I would try Narcosis in West Palm.

Maybe I'll see you there. If in Boynton, I'd be glad to take the flag and show you a good time.

I haven’t dove Boynton and need a reason to make it down there. I’ll see if I can make the 24th and/or 25th. I’ll keep you posted.

Great thread, headed back to keys for my trip this year, but next year thinking I should try boynton/jupiter area.

I would have never done West Palm diving if it were not for the threads here, especially @scubadada - but once I made the trip, I was so happy I did. The SE Florida folks here are so vocal about their love of the area for a reason, it was great diving, and a beautiful area. I really liked that there are several options for cities and ports, so if the seas are up in one, you have a chance of diving in another, or heading to the Blue Heron Bridge no matter what the seas are like. Not many other destinations offer that flexibility.

I posted this in another thread. I am going to repost here as it mentions the 4 operations I used on this trip:

JDC, in Jupiter, offers a 2 tank trip every afternoon, a 2 tank night dive once per month, guide with flag provided at no additional cost. During the winter, JDC was offering afternoon dives only on the weekends. They have a nice web based reservation calendar Jupiter Dive Center Book Online (scubaocity.com)

Narcosis, in West Palm, offers 2 tank afternoon dives on Sat and Sun. The guide with flag is included. You must call to reserve your spot Dive Boat Charter Trips - SCUBA Diving Florida | Narcosis Dive Company

Loggerhead, in Boynton does 2 tank afternoon trips on Sat and Sun. No guide, all solo divers or groups takes a flag. Flags are provided. They have an online reservation system Loggerhead Dive Charters of Boynton Beach, FL (loggerheadcharters.com)

Starfish, in Boynton, has afternoon dives only on Sat. No guide. Flag is provided. They have an online reservation system Book Your Dive - Starfish Scuba

Both Loggerhead and Starfish provide a line holder with heavier polypropylene line to use with their flags, I use a reel

upload_2021-4-4_10-16-2-png.651718.png
upload_2021-4-4_10-16-19-png.651719.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom