Fin Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just going to throw another fin into the mix, the Hollis F1.

Just moved from Oceanic V-16s, to a the Hollis F1 - mainly because I'm using a camera setup with two strobes and I started to notice the lack of power(extra drag due to the camera setup) with the V-16s. Never had a problem with the V-16 during "normal" dives, even in strong current conditions, but then myself and my dive buddy where both using split fins. Having changed to the F1's and doing a dive in strong current conditions I had to slow down so my dive buddy could keep up.

I've also used Cressi Frog's (?) in the past and the F1 has a much more supple blade, and doesnt seem to put as much strain on the knees, but seeing you have knee problem not sure how you will go with any of the solid fins.

On the issue of knee problems, would it help if you checked out (youtube) some of the other kicking styles, maybe a slight change to you kicking action may help reduce knee stress.

Hi all,

Thank you for all your input. I finally bit the bullet and bought my SP Seawing Nova today. I will be going diving sometime this wk (just waiting on my Dive Buddy to txt me). When I get back I will let you know how it went. Thank you all again.
Kurt in Cebu

well, there's the OMS slipstream, a lighter version of the legendary jetfins.

TO anyone else out there looking for fins,,, they're no shortage of options and opinions. By example:

Scuba Diving | Dive Magazine | Product Reviews | Dive Articles and more

and

Divernet - Fin Reviews

At the end of the day, its your call...

I personally LOATH and DETEST, jet fins, as they give me cramp and deliver shyte power, but are great at manouvering, hence why so many peple love them. Yet, im a big fan of Avanti Quatros, as for me, they are the best all rounders ( i use volo race fins, for warm water diving). But that aside, i have many friends who love tusa fins, and various split fins, as they find them easier to use..

at the end of the day, its up to you to decide, do not get swayed by one persons words..... just take out a few pairs, trial them out and then decide :)

N

does anyone know where I can buy the Scubapro jetfins? I borrowed a friends and love them but LeisurePro no longer carry them, nor does anyone else seem to. Did they stop making them or something?

So, Today I went to the LDS and did a dive in the pool, just for practice. They had the seawing Nova's available to try. I tried a pair, I bought them. I will be going to Cozumel in 3weeks, I sure hope they are as good in open water as they seemed to be in the pool.

So, Today I went to the LDS and did a dive in the pool, just for practice. They had the seawing Nova's available to try. I tried a pair, I bought them. I will be going to Cozumel in 3weeks, I sure hope they are as good in open water as they seemed to be in the pool.

U will be happy with them in open water. I bought mine on blind faith and after reading reviews and people's information here. Last wk I went diving. I was not the only one surprised with them. Even my dive partner was impressed. We had a very strong current on our dives and the SP seawings were great..
Kurt in Cebu

Scubapro Novas all the way. if you get the White ones and are shooting video you can set your white balance whit them. Like a 2 4 1

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom