fin help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dump

Registered
Reaction score
iam trying to buy jet fins from local lds. but none of them stock them so they tell me all of the bad things about jets and try to sell me something differant. i have been diving long enough to know what i want. who online would be the best to buy from since the lds will not work with me.

Divers have a love/hate relationship with Jet fins. Some say you might as well strap on a pair of boards on your feet. I have a pair and dive with them often, and like the slow speed maneuverability they give you.

I actually bought mine on-line through E-bay, and they were in great shape and very reasonably priced. Later fitted them with Manta Spring straps. Be careful of the sizing with your wetsuit boots if you have not tried them before. Lots of resources on the web to help you with this.

Any of the major on-line stores should be a fairly safe bet.

Dive safe.

Got Jets and love them. You can pick them up anywhere on the net as stated. My girlfriend picked up the OMS slipstreams, which are like the Jets, and they are very nice as well. Maybe a touch lighter than the Jets. You can get both at LeisurePro.

I've ordered a pair from Leisurepro.com, they were 65 bucks without the spring straps. I highly recommend getting them online, so long as you're sure on the size you need.

Just for clarification the XXL's are HUGE. I've gotten 3 other people into Jets and so far all of them love them. They're just great fins. Awesome for the more advanced kicks and like others have said slow maneuvers.

There are alot of varieties of this fin. Pick one and have some fun. =)

THere are always a lot of Jets on eBay. You can get them cheap there. Since they are a rubber fin, they are pretty bulletproof so the condition is pretty reliable. If you don't like them, you can always "reBay" them.

After I called every LDS near me (one said they "sometimes" have some), I picked up a new pair on LeisurePro (it was more convenient than eBay). Of course, I picked up spring straps on my next trip to the panhandle of Florida.

One of my buddies decided she was sick of seeing me enjoy my Jets, so she picked up a pair on eBay (after seeing them in several dive shops for >$110!). After trying the blackstraps once (and abhoring them), she picked up some spring straps, too, but she'll have to get her dad to alter them to extra-extra small (for the "Large" Jets... love that Jet size scale).

If you can pick them up on eBay, more power to you. Otherwise, there's always LeisurePro. If Adams, TN, were closer to Baton Rouge, I'd offer to hand-deliver the brand new spare pair of XL Jets I have lying around, but I probably can't ship as cheaply as LeisurePro... now, if you had a spare pair of Turtles, I'd swap in a minute now that I have a drysuit and need some. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom