Fin Fit Dilemma !!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WallDiver77

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey Fellas/Ladies,

Here's the situation: I have two pairs of fins, same make/model but different sizes, on the living room floor.

Cressi Sub's Master Frogs in XL-L and their L-M sizes..... just to clarify.

The following pictures show me with the XL pair only trying to cramp in my foot wearing my Teva river shoes. (I did this to approximate a heavier soled pair of boots... and now I'm thinking these just might be great on the shoeline of Bonaire!)

If I get the right procession of pictures on here, you will see me first try the Teva's and then my flimsy soft soled 3mm boots.

You will note the excessive extension of the fin sole plate beyond the 3mm boots. Which brings me to my question...... would you consider that much sole plate showing excessive? FYI.... I wear a size 9 shoe and that's what the Teva's are.

You will also note that the Teva's will not go all the way to the front of the fin pocket as I pointed out to you by my index finger. I am pointing to the farthest most point of the toe of my Teva and 3mm boot.

If I step down to the L-M sized Master Frog then there is no question that the 3mm boots work fine. However, the Teva's only go in about half way.

Why all the fuss? WEll, I'm getting ready to buy some 6mm Bare Ice boots ..... and I wanted the Master Frogs to accomodate them as well.

Thoughts?
Thanks!

ahhhhhhh, shoot! I just discovered that my pic files are too large. I'll post the pics after I shoot them again..... or learn how to resize them! Back in a bit!

Here they are.....

Attachments

• IMG_1232.JPG
    IMG_1232.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1234.JPG
    IMG_1234.JPG
    181.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1235.JPG
    IMG_1235.JPG
    130 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1236.JPG