Fin Boot Loss when in Dry Suit HELP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello I am renting drysuits and the socks are HUGE so I have to pull them up and as a result my Fin and Boot went flying off on my last dive and I am wondering if anyone had any tips on how to prevent this

cant affords to buy a drysuit yet

any suggestions on how to adjust stuff so the sock doesnt shift down and cause the boot and fin to slip loose or maybe a way to brace the boot and fin on ?

what boots are you using? lace up rock boots or chucks should help. fin keepers if needed.

also, try folding a bit of the excess sock and tucking it at the toe area of the boot instead of pulling up.

whatever rock boots they have at dive shop they are lace up but i can only make them so tight. I will try the toe tuck method the boots didnt have much toe room so not sure if that will work

I looked at the "fin keepers" and considered using that to prevent the excess from slipping down
or strap around ankle/calf to prevent the movement

Can you use your own boots/sneakers with the rental suit? I'm sure you can find something that will fit better and more securely.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom