Rock boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris Richardson

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Can somebody please advise? I'm looking at getting a pair of rock boots but am unsure of the size I'll need to fit over the sock on my drysuit. Whilst l appreciate the adage "buy what fits" is there any general rule that a rock boot needs to be 2 sizes larger than your regular shoe size so as to fit over the dry suit sock? The fin size you will then need to fit over the rock boot will then be a size larger than what you wear to fit over a wet suit boot given the larger size of the rock suit boot? Hope this makes sense? Cheers 👌

My hollis rock boots are my normal size and fit with plenty of room for a thicker sock if wanted. The length is perfect and you can always tie them a bit looser if needed for bulky socks.

I wear a 9W /8.5EE depending on brand. I ordered a 9 in the Hollis.

My hollis rock boots are my normal size and fit with plenty of room for a thicker sock if wanted. The length is prefect and you can always tie them a bit looser if needed for bulky socks.

I wear a 9W /8.5EE depending on brand. I ordered a 9 in the Hollis.

Thanks Boarderguy :thumb:

Generally, a rock boot means a fin that is one size larger, but not in every case, I have a pair of Plana Avanti that fits both my wetsuit bootie and my rock boots. It is a matter of the way the foot pocket is designed it seems

for what its worth... I wear Altamas for wet and dry diving. size 9w for wet, with 2mm neoprene socks, and 11w with the socks on my Seaskin Nova.
Thread necromancy: @davecampbell

What size do you wear for booties or regular shoes? I usually wear a 12.5-13M shoe, so I think the 14W might be big enough to wear with wool socks inside the Nova socks, but they do come in 15M/W if I’ll need more room.

Any other thoughts on the Altamas?

I generally wear a 9 in a regular shoe, and went up 2 sizes to an 11 wide, for use with my Nova w/ neoprene socks, a couple pairs of merino socks, and the stirrup portion of the Seaskin undergarments. They fit with the insoles in, although they can be removed to gain a little space if needed. For wet diving, I have a 9 wide and use a 2-3mm neoprene sock for insulation.

Back
Top Bottom