Ultimate Replacement Drysuit Boot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ryan Wininger

Registered
Reaction score
My personal drysuits (DUI & Whites) both have socks. Our dive team DUI suits have attached boots... I much prefer attached boots as it were. I am doing a complete remodel on our house when off shift, and won't time to dive for a couple more months. So I'm gonna send my DUI in to have boots attached and thigh pockets sewn on. Does anyone have any negative opinions or experiences with the Ultimate Replacement Drysuit Boot from DRIS? Or light monkey bellows pockets for that matter?

Cheers!

I find that the attached boots don't have enough ankle support. But it really is personal preference.

I am a fan of bellows pockets.

You are sending your suit to DUI to have boots and pockets from other manufacturers installed? I’d just have DRIS do the repair if you are getting their boots. The LM pockets are nice. I have no personal experience with the DRIS boots.

You are sending your suit to DUI to have boots and pockets from other manufacturers installed? I’d just have DRIS do the repair if you are getting their boots. The LM pockets are nice. I have no personal experience with the DRIS boots.
I'll be sending it to DRIS for the work

Or light monkey bellows pockets for that matter?

I glued Light Monkey pockets onto a couple of my wetsuits, and love them. Nicer than the factory pockets on my DUI CLX450 drysuit. Getting ready to transfer one of them to a new shorty, since it outlasted the suit.

Lance

I have used the DRIS ultimate boots in the past. They are an excellent quality boot. You won't have the ankle dexterity compared to a turbo sole. But you said dive team. They will have plenty of dexterity for walking around on the bottom of a lake or river.

The LM bellows pocket is the cat's ass for pockets. Dive Rite and Subgravity have copied it almost exactly if you are price shopping or something isn't in stock.

Hi folks, I recently got a pair of Typhoon boots at a discount. They sent me the wrong size and they don't have other sizes as an exchange. Instead of paying for return shipping, I'd rather offer them to someone here if the size works. Catch is, they're a UK size 7 which is a US size 8. That they are sized such that size 8 would be the person's shoe size and accommodate thick socks. I'm a size 9 and they still just fit me wearing a pair of wool socks so if you're a size 8 that should give about another inch of room over that. I would say the width is pretty standard. I have duck feet size EEEE and might be snug if you have wide feet so keep that in mind. Let me know if anyone's interested. If nobody DM's me, I'll probably keep them and wear them with a neo sock as a wetsuit boot, but I don't really need them. $50 shipped should pretty much cover my cost. Here's a basic picture:

41WgbX5XfYL._AC_.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom