Fin advice for snorkelling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hamsiss

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I need advice about snorkelling fins (or maybe scuba fins suitable for surface swim).
As a gift for my gf (I'm trying to make her my mermaid:D)
After a short search I found Cressi Pluma and Beuchat X-Voyager seem good but no review or advice about them.
Which one of these two or another fin which you should offer?

Not that knowledgeable on those particular fins....

but if i may make a suggestion, consider many of the sites i have been to in the Carib or Dutch West Indies have very sharp rocky shores, i would recommend getting her good boots and open back fins.

Just a thought.

RICHinNC offers good food for thought. In both the Caribbean and French Polynesia I have encountered either sharp rocks, coral, or sea urchins at points of entry on the shoreline. My choice would be the same set-up that I dive with - Henderson Gold Core short ankle cut boots with medium soles and Mares Plana Avanti Quattro open heel fins. The boots are not cheap, but they are extremely comfortable both in and out of the water. The fins are stiffer than snorkling fins, but give you more power.

Having said this, and should you prefer a shoe-fin, the Mares Plana Avanti HP is an excellent fin. I've even seen this fin used by divers in warm waters. This fin is more flexible than open-heel dive fins, and therefore less powerful. Divers and some snorklers tend to use a neoprene sock with these fins to cut down on abrasion to the foot.

Hope this helps - Chris

OK seems logical
then which open heel is easy to use on surface?
another question; how are Tusa Imprex Triex for surface use?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom