Filtering recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BigRed96

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Good Day All, I am currently building a small compressor setup using some plans from Popular Mechanics. It’s a small Cornelius compressor and I’m in need of some filtration recommendations. I believe the compressor is only rated at .6 FFM. Can someone point me in the right direction for filtration? I was also hoping to find a coiled whip hose with gauge but am coming up empty searching.

This is going to be breathing air?
A 16" lawrence factor tower with water separator, filter, moisture indicator, and priority valve all complete (you need all those bits anyway)
AF-531-110-F Filter Tower (filtertechs.com)

Here are the filters for that
X53240 Lawrence Factor Air Filter (filtertechs.com)

Depending on whether you want a yoke or DIN end take one these and remove one end fitting (sell it on ebay or make it into a tank checker) the hose, gauge and other end becomes your fill whip.
Shopping Categories Piranha Dive Shop | (piranhadivemfg.com)

This is going to be breathing air?
A 16" lawrence factor tower with water separator, filter, moisture indicator, and priority valve all complete (you need all those bits anyway)
AF-531-110-F Filter Tower (filtertechs.com)

Here are the filters for that
X53240 Lawrence Factor Air Filter (filtertechs.com)

Depending on whether you want a yoke or DIN end take one these and remove one end fitting (sell it on ebay or make it into a tank checker) the hose, gauge and other end becomes your fill whip.
Shopping Categories Piranha Dive Shop | (piranhadivemfg.com)
I appreciate the information, but unfortunately that setup is way out of my budget.

It's a Water-Oil separator man, no media goes in there

Has anyone used any of these before?
VEVOR High Pressure Air Filter 30 MPa, Oil Water Separator 90%-95% Effect, Water-Oil separator Filtration Triple Filter System, 90%-95% High Pressure Filter for Air Compressor Air Pump Scuba Diving https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08KXRJCQT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_0Ma.Fb024CM9X
There's no coalescing section in that. You are relying entirely on the media to remove water so it will saturate rapidly. Hard to say exactly how fast. There's no mass of 13x given or dimensions for the filter inside. Their other product in series before the media would help a little - theory.
Amazon.com: 30Mpa High Pressure Air Filter External Water Oil Separator Filtration for Air Compressor Air Pump: Home Improvement

Adding a hydraulic accumulator with much more 13x in it would be wise.

There's no coalescing section in that. You are relying entirely on the media to remove water so it will saturate rapidly. Hard to say exactly how fast. There's no mass of 13x given or dimensions for the filter inside. Their other product in series before the media would help a little - theory.
Amazon.com: 30Mpa High Pressure Air Filter External Water Oil Separator Filtration for Air Compressor Air Pump: Home Improvement

Adding a hydraulic accumulator with much more 13x in it would be wise.
So this would be the setup to get then?
30Mpa High Pressure Air Filter External Water-Oil Separator Two Stage Filtration for Air Compressor Air Pump Scuba Diving https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0784WBFPT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_fjm.Fb82BW0R4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom