Filling double LP 50's from a HP 120

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have experimented with various "baby double" configurations and have decided that it is best to have a rec regulator and a rec tank for rec dives. Simpler, lighter, cheaper, less fiddly. This is especially true once you do more than a couple of dives between runs to the compressor.

A twinset for a reef bimble is just extra gear and clutter and complexity with no practical safety advantage especially if you fap around with wimpy transfills and end up starting a dive with less air than you otherwise would.

If you're on a dive where you really need redundant air you probably need more than two LP50s of it.

I get it that in principle you can have a single pair of regs for all dives but in my experience that makes everything else harder and it isn't worth it.

While ti I doubles are cute it seems that trans filling from a 120 is a round about way to end up with 80cf but have 3 tanks to maintain. I would just dive the 120.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom