Fill hose leaking from flare fitting—fixable?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

moose_grunt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
A fill hose I have started leaking near a flare fitting. It’s leaking between the ferrule and the fitting, but doesn’t appear to be from the flare connection itself. See attached picture. Flexing the hose near the ferrule makes the leak better or worse, but doesn’t stop it completely. I

I’ve tightened the flare fitting to NPT adapter that’s next in line, but no changes. If I put wrenches on the two nuts to the left of that, the hose just swivels, and nothing actually gets
tighter or looser.

I don’t normally deal with flare fittings, so not sure if I’m missing something here. Is this fixable, or do I just need to find a shop that will chop off the bad fitting and re-crimp a new one on?

Thanks,
Jim

Attachments

• 20A4F4B8-6921-425B-80BC-211B233F8ECC.jpeg
    20A4F4B8-6921-425B-80BC-211B233F8ECC.jpeg
    49.6 KB · Views: 94
From what I can tell, cut and crimp or replace the hose.

Thanks. Any idea what I should expect to pay for a cut and crimp? Is that a 20 dollar or a 50 dollar job?

Thanks. Any idea what I should expect to pay for a cut and crimp? Is that a 20 dollar or a 50 dollar job?
the fitting is like $4
labor, 3 mins

Its a $10 kind of thing. Or replace the whole hose in which case the hose is usually the most expensive bit at $3-5/foot

the fitting is like $4
labor, 3 mins

Its a $10 kind of thing. Or replace the whole hose in which case the hose is usually the most expensive bit at $3-5/foot

Even better. I like walking into a place knowing about what I should expect to pay, so at least I know if I'm being ripped off. Appreciate the info.

Jim

Back
Top Bottom